• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

hughes was the upside guy - not those 2

Hughes was a lock to put up points , only issue was size and D zone coverage

Are you getting DeAngelo production with no D , or Krug / Spurgeon with good overall play

Hughes was a lock to put up points , only issue was size and D zone coverage

Are you getting DeAngelo production with no D , or Krug / Spurgeon with good overall play

It's still an issue, but his points contribution more than make up for it. Not sure you can win playing him 25 minutes per game though.

It's still an issue, but his points contribution more than make up for it. Not sure you can win playing him 25 minutes per game though.
He needs a McDonough next to him to do the heavy D lifting

You cant teach his wheels and offensive IQ .

He can be part of a cup team with the right mix around him

Vancouver has some tough decision to make

Brock has a high QO number and Miller had a career year a year before he is a UFA and is the ideal candidate for an overpay and entering his decline years

I just want to add. I have been a member of tank nation since it's inception and I feel victorious right now. XPOFAN wherever you are, we finally did it buddy! I was in shock last night but it's settling in now that we finally caught a break. I know Cooley/Wright will be a tough decision, but we started the Tank this year for Wright, and I just think we need to stick to the consensus. These kids are like 18 years old, so there's still development, but the raw talent has been there for years and he is still putting up good ohl numbers for his age.

Tank Nation is not complete. Next year, you cee cees need to be cheering for the tank. No more useless points. If it wasn't for ARI winning by some crazy miracle, we'd be picking 3rd like them. For now, we celebrate, but we still have a long road ahead.

I just want to add. I have been a member of tank nation since it's inception and I feel victorious right now. XPOFAN wherever you are, we finally did it buddy! I was in shock last night but it's settling in now that we finally caught a break. I know Cooley/Wright will be a tough decision, but we started the Tank this year for Wright, and I just think we need to stick to the consensus. These kids are like 18 years old, so there's still development, but the raw talent has been there for years and he is still putting up good ohl numbers for his age.

Tank Nation is not complete. Next year, you cee cees need to be cheering for the tank. No more useless points. If it wasn't for ARI winning by some crazy miracle, we'd be picking 3rd like them. For now, we celebrate, but we still have a long road ahead.

I have been on the tank train since 2016 when numb nuts should of started selling vets and the rebuild would of been complete by now .

This day arrived 2 years ago , the demise seeds were planted over a decade, only Covid stopped this movie ending

As the saying goes , THE REBUILD WILL BE FORCED UPON YOU

Good thing is Hughes seems to be onboard with the rebuild from his words

Next year will yield another top 10 pick , lets start rebuilding the WRIGHT way

I have been on the tank train since 2016 when numb nuts should of started selling vets and the rebuild would of been complete by now .

This day arrived 2 years ago , the demise seeds were planted over a decade, only Covid stopped this movie ending

As the saying goes , THE REBUILD WILL BE FORCED UPON YOU

Good thing is Hughes seems to be onboard with the rebuild from his words

Next year will yield another top 10 pick , lets start rebuilding the WRIGHT way

Hopefully a top 5 pick next year so we have a strong core. Not everyone will pan out. But we increase the odds with a top 5. It will be exciting to have a year after year, competitive team, in the near future.

Hopefully a top 5 pick next year so we have a strong core. Not everyone will pan out. But we increase the odds with a top 5. It will be exciting to have a year after year, competitive team, in the near future.

All I ask is stop making stupid decisions like Alzner , Savard , Hoffman , etc...

Fill the gaps with 1-2 year cheap UFA deals

No more dumb extensions to aging players like Gally types

I have no issue losing if proper steps are made for the future .

i really only see 3 members of the current core

caufield, suzuki, romanov

the rest will not be anything by the time this team rebuilds

unfortunately we have nothing else to trade that will get us anything decent back

need the panthers to suck next year and miss the playoffs - regression is likely for a bunch of their players but probably not enough for them to miss - will need some help with injuries / habsy

Did what? Make yourself miserable for 30 years?

unfortunately we have nothing else to trade that will get us anything decent back

need the panthers to suck next year and miss the playoffs - regression is likely for a bunch of their players but probably not enough for them to miss - will need some help with injuries / habsy
Habs have assets to move

Did what? Make yourself miserable for 30 years?

It's a process Habsy. It's one thing if we fielded competitive teams and had smart management that ran the club the way it should be for the market and history we have. But don't tell me you haven't been disappointed by the way this team has been run all these years. It didn't need to be such a long drought if we had competent ownership and a GM that didn't want to keep milking the glory days.

I just witnessed a cup run with my youngest and had so much fun road tripping especially with the pandemic then they turn around and get first overall.

Yeah I'm miserable

I just witnessed a cup run with my youngest and had so much fun road tripping especially with the pandemic then they turn around and get first overall.

Yeah I'm miserable

No one is arguing anything against that. It's great it worked out that way. Hopefully next year we get the first too, but even a top 5 will be perfect.

Back