• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

I’m not particularly disappointed they didn’t sign Bonino, personally. But signing Kampf for $500K less than he got is still a head-scratcher.

And it’s not just Kampf’s price tag I object to, but also that I disagree with the idea that our bottom-6 needs any more guys who are absolute black holes offensively.

I don't know how many times the numbers have to be shown about our bottom 6.

Kampf is basically different Riley Nash, and the 2 years part i dont get.

Also, he claims to have tried to get him with Chicago, which makes me wonder how that didn't happen. Why was Stan not selling?
Yeah, why’d he nonqualify him knowing that Dubie was hot on his trail for years? Does he also subscribe to Dubie’s “pay my price or else you’re getting the player for free” philosophy?

Yeah, why’d he nonqualify him knowing that Dubie was hot on his trail for years? Does he also subscribe to Dubie’s “pay my price or else you’re getting the player for free” philosophy?
Im convinced its because the Hawks were never actually rebuilding, hence never actually selling anything off. Apparently Colliton REALLY likes Kampf.

Well there’s obviously something Dubie really likes about him, and I’m guessing maybe there were one or two other suitors who liked him just as much or we wouldn’t have paid him what we did.

I'm alright with Kampf, and pretty sure if he doesn't work out - that Vancouver will claim him on waivers.

What I’d like to see is our actual 3rd line producing goals when they’re all on the ice together.

Not just guys who generally play in the bottom-6 picking up some points when they happen to cameo on Auston or Tavares’ wing, or on the PP.

But I’m well aware you see zero distinction between the two.

What I’d like to see is our actual 3rd line producing offense when they’re all on the ice together.

Not just guys who generally play in the bottom-6 picking up some points when they happen to cameo on Auston or Tavares’ wing, or on the PP.

But I’m well aware you see zero distinction between the two.

Did you not watch our team this year?

giphy.gif

It's that no one believes your interpretation of the numbers, not that they don't know what the raw numbers look like.

It's not unlike your claim about our #3 centre being the highest scoring centre in the series. While technically true, Kerfoot wasn't acting as our #3 centre during the series but our #2 and was playing next to Nylander (and two of his points were EN in literally no pressure 4-1 & 3-0 late 3rd period situations).

Our actual depth forwards (not named Spezza, PBUH) did fuck all offensively

Our top 6 for most of the series:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
AG-Kerfoot-Nylander

The rest scored 4 goals in 7 games, with 3 of those coming off of Spezza's stick. Foligno, Thornton, Simmonds, Mikky, Engvall, Brooks, Nash combined for 1 goal.

If we want to extend that outward with a bit of context, Kerfoot and AG scored 1 goal in a piece in the series and both were in zero pressure late 3rd period EN situations. 4-1, & 3-0 at the time. Sure, they count as goals on the stat sheet, but they're a bit different than goals scored during 5v5.

So we received 1 5v5 goal combined from 514 combined minutes of depth forwards not named Spezza....and the only forward who played fewer 5v5 minutes per game than Spezza was Thornton. Galaxy brain stuff.

g/60 (min 30min)

1. Foligno-Matthews-Marner 7.04
2. Thornton-Brooks-Spezza 5.08
3. Vesey-Boyd-Spezza 4.30

4. Hyman-Matthews-Marner 4.30
5. Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander 3.86
6. Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner 3.62
7. Thornton-Matthews-Marner 3.61
8. Simmonds-Tavares-Nylander 3.39
9. Mikheyev-Engvall-Hyman 3.33
10. Thornton-Kerfoot-Spezza 3.16

11. Mikheyev-Tavares-Hyman 3.13
12. Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall 2.83
13. Vesey-Tavares-Nylander 2.61
14. Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman 2.28
15. Kerfoot-Tavares-Nylander 1.99
16. Petan-Boyd-Spezza 1.39
17. Mikheyev-Engvall-Simmonds 1.23

18. Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander 0.81
19. Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Simmonds 0.00
20. Hyman-Tavares-Nylander 0.00
21. Vesey-Kerfoot-Mikheyev 0.00

Lots of exclusive bottom 6 combos near the top - and in fact most of the guys who rode shotgun with Tavares/Nylander didn't get any boost at all.

compare with a team like tampa:

1. Killorn-Gourde-Stamkos 3.04
2. Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman 3.02
3. Palat-Point-Johnson 3.00
4. Palat-Point-Boulet 2.89
5. Palat-Point-Stamkos 2.73
6. Killorn-Cirelli-Johnson 2.62
7. Palat-Point-Coleman 2.60
8. Colton-Joseph-Maroon 2.34
9. Goodrow-Johnson-Coleman 2.29

10. Palat-Point-Cirelli 1.61
11. Volkov-Joseph-Maroon 0.83
12. Goodrow-Gourde-Joseph 0.00

It's not unlike your claim about our #3 centre being the highest scoring centre in the series. While technically true, Kerfoot wasn't acting as our #3 centre during the series but our #2 and was playing next to Nylander (and two of his points were EN in literally no pressure 4-1 & 3-0 late 3rd period situations).

I'm sorry, were Nylander and Galchenyuk better linemates than the other centers in the series had?

Top Six

Zach Hyman --> XXXX
Jimmy Vesey/Alex Galchenyuk --> Alex Kerfoot

Bottom Six

Joe Thornton --> Michael Bunting/Nick Roberston?
Alex Kerfoot --> XXXX
Travis Boyd --> David Kampf/Adam Brooks
Alexander Barabanov --> Pierre Engvall/Michael Amadio

Goal

Freddy Andersen -->Petr Mrazek

A Couple names you might want to keep in the back of your mind

Hawks need to shed some F, and i hear Strome and Nylander could be moved.

Back