• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

No. Leafs were in discussions with him according to Bobo. It doesn't go to the rumor mill if he wasn't interested in playing in Toronto. And if he really preferred playing him elsewhere you simply pay him more. 2 million AAV is an easy beat.
Very much agreed, hes actually a 2 way C.

Kampf is a 4LC that is strong defensively and on the PK who will score no goals ever at any time

Haven't you invented a chart that says Bunting does replace him?

You getting lazy homie?

He breaks models, haven't you heard.

I think stuff like this shows the weakness in the JFresh/TopShelf model.

EvolvingHockey actually has Bunting's xGAR, better than his actual GAR, which was slightly above mediocre:

o2B5HGT.png
jGV6Be4.png

"On day 1 of the offseason dubas hasn't replaced hyman".
"On day 1 of the offseason Dubas signed a 4th line center for 500k less than Bonino, making Kerfoot tougher to trade and harder to replace. They now have 3-4m in cap space to replace Hyman. One may be slightly concerned that they are in tough to go into the season with better forwards than last year. But it's early and Dubas may have some tricks up his sleeve because it's what I expect of him."

"On day 1 of the offseason Dubas signed a 4th line center for 500k less than Bonino, making Kerfoot tougher to trade and harder to replace. They now have 3-4m in cap space to replace Hyman. One may be slightly concerned that they are in tough to go into the season with better forwards than last year. But it's early and Dubas may have some tricks up his sleeve because it's what I expect of him."

Not signing Bonino doesn't actually "downgrade" the leafs Forwards.

Back