• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

I don't think Kampf is the 3C, I think he's the 4C and Kerfoot is still the 3C.
iu

Hyman is so fucking stupid. I’ll eat my words if they win a cup somehow but what a dickhead for leaving the Leafs.
He actually left the perfect situation for him to go to Edmonton. He got his money, I guess that's all that matters. Will he be called "Greedy" like the other players?

Edmonton is a pretty great situation for Hyman though. He gets to play with McDavid, and gets paid fairly. Its the only situation that wasn't a downgrade on ice for him. It would be another story if he signed in Vancouver or St. Louis or something.

And as we can see now, the Leafs were likely offering him $3.5 million.

Engvall is better but I think they got Kampf to be the 3c. They don't seem to like Pierre as much as we do. Of course, that changes if/when Kampf is a bust in the 3 hole.

Edmonton is a pretty great situation for Hyman though. He gets to play with McDavid, and gets paid fairly. Its the only situation that wasn't a downgrade on ice for him. It would be another story if he signed in Vancouver or St. Louis or something.

And as we can see now, the Leafs were likely offering him $3.5 million.

Yeah, it’s a charmed hockey life for Hyman. Goes from playing exclusively with Matthews or Tavares to playing exclusively with McDavid and/or Draisaitl.

Add to that the fact that he’ll be making a full $2M more per season than the Leafs were likely offering, and that it’s not like the team he’s leaving behind has had oodles of success, and it doesn’t really make sense to rip on him for taking that deal.

Last edited:
Boston has had a weird offseason. Lose Ritchie and Debrusk and replace them with Foligno and Haula. All the guys they signed have shitty analytics as opposed to their previous pickups. They've had a very 2020 Dubas offseason.

Most teams that added also had a whole bunch of losses.

But they made BIG SIGNINGS so they're WELL MANAGED.

Toronto is one of the few teams that both made a tangible upgrade and has caproom left to fill their biggest downgrade.

It was mentioned already but just to bring it up again. Our team is plenty good enough to be at or near the top of the division. We also could bring in impact players at the deadline. My only concern is Dubas doing a poor job evaluating those adds like the past year.

Foligno got 3.8 for 2 years... what will Ritchie get?

In an ideal world we make our toughness add now so we can focus on skill at the deadline.

Xxx - matthews - nylander
Ritchie - tavares - marner
Bunting - kampf - soup
Simmonds - engvall - spezza

My ideal person to fill that spot is Forsberg.

Yes i would break up the matthews marner connection. Rotate in Robertson with a few of the bottom 6 guys until an injury comes up.

Debrusk had a bad year, but he was legit awesome the last few years, so to give up on him for 32 year old Foligno is a great move for the rest of the East.

Boston’s current management group has always had a healthy dose of dumb. Are we forgetting the 2015 draft?

Back