• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

I don't think Dubas is done either. Like Bergevin he's waiting for prices to drop. Rollback shoppers in their boxers.

Ullmark is a serious question mark. Did they resign Rask? I didn't see anything about him.

Rask is injured and will be out most of the year. Decent chance he's a deadline type addition for them next year....but a 35yr old goalie coming off of hip labrum surgery might not be a huge boost.

Rask is injured and will be out most of the year. Decent chance he's a deadline type addition for them next year....but a 35yr old goalie coming off of hip labrum surgery might not be a huge boost.
Ullmark is a huge question mark for them. They got spoiled with a great tandem for years.

Boston’s current management group has always had a healthy dose of dumb. Are we forgetting the 2015 draft?

This is their version of "Leafs could've had Roberto Luongo/Scott Niedermayer" moment. In fact, theirs is worse. It should be mentioned over and over again for decades. They had a chance to build a team that could go back to back, instead they acted all smart and wasted their picks.

The source said emphatically that Tarasenko should have been traded by now and that the Blues are only further diminishing his value by hanging on to him this long.

“The trajectory doesn’t get any better,” the source said. “They shit on this guy … to their own detriment. It’s time to move him. The train has left
the station.”

Trade Kerfoot and a decent secondary prospect for Tarasenko with 50% retained. Which should leave them with ~$2.75 mill in cap sapce. Then dump Mikheyev and sign Krejci or Bozak for up to $4.5.

Robertson-Matthews-Marner
Tarasenko-Tavares-Nylander
Bunting-Krejci/Bozy-Engvall
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza

Trade Kerfoot and a decent secondary prospect for Tarasenko with 50% retained. Which should leave them with ~$2.75 mill in cap sapce. Then dump Mikheyev and sign Krejci or Bozak for up to $4.5.

Robertson-Matthews-Marner
Tarasenko-Tavares-Nylander
Bunting-Krejci/Bozy-Engvall
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza
I actually quite like this and will credit where due if something like this plays out.

It's the kind of creativity I expect from Dubas instead of signing a bunch of trash, shrugging your shoulders and saying "meh I don't have enough cap space so what can ya do?" I have had very minimal complaints with the Dube overall btw. I just simply pointed out their forward group has declined and I expressed that he may have had an error in judgment in having little interest in paying Bonino an extra few hundred grand. Because that would have made Kerf far more desirable to trade.

It's the kind of creativity I expect from Dubas instead of signing a bunch of trash, shrugging your shoulders and saying "meh I don't have enough cap space so what can ya do?" I have had very minimal complaints with the Dube overall btw. I just simply pointed out their forward group has declined and I expressed that he may have had an error in judgment in having little interest in paying Bonino an extra few hundred grand.
Maybe Bonino just likes the sun and Dubas was in on 2 x 3

Maybe Bonino just likes the sun and Dubas was in on 2 x 3
No. Leafs were in discussions with him according to Bobo. It doesn't go to the rumor mill if he wasn't interested in playing in Toronto. And if he really preferred playing him elsewhere you simply pay him more. 2 million AAV is an easy beat and he wouldn't say no to more. It's such a copout to assume it was the players preference and Dubas had no control over it.

Back