• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

Honestly dunno, short of some sort of a 5v5 metric of scrub production only when playing with other scrubs.

I just know that when I look at our depth forwards and 50% or more of points they score all come with Matthews, Marner, etc, etc on the ice...well, that's not fucking impressive.

I do think that you're seeing the effect of having shit LW depth last season on the point totals of the depth forwards who almost all got to spend some time with those guys at one point or another. How to separate the wheat from the chaff though, dunno.

Thornton is a good example really. Was he really producing offence in a depth role when he started the season on a PPG heater with the kids and then did little of fuck all offensively for the rest of the season once he got knocked down the lineup?

He did almost nothing of value whenever on the bottom 2 lines, but if we categorize him as a bottom 6'er last season, his offensive numbers look great. It doesn't tell the story when context is applied though, does it?

More goals in his games with Brooks and Spezza on the 4th line than Kampf had all season so... that's fun.

So I know what’s in everybody’s mind. What number does bunting wear? He gonna stick with 58???

Had some chicken parm with a side of bolognese for dinner!

ray-scapinello-returns-to-action-in-the-legends-classic-game-on-9-picture-id83621625

Last 3yrs, non pp scoring paces

Maroon 23pts
Kampf 20pts
Joseph 20pts

Last 2yrs, non pp scoring paces

Mikheyev 35pts
Johnson 29pts
Goodrow 29pts
Engvall 25pts
Maroon 23pts
Kampf 20pts
Joseph 20pts
Simmonds 18pt

Love zekes optimism

At the end of the day we all said it - the only thing that matters is the big 4 show up and produce when it matters.

The d is good and may be a lot better next year depending on how sandin progresses.

The goaltending is upgraded cause Freddy was terrible last year.

It looks like kampf is a real centre and doesn’t get soul crushed when he’s out there against good players (think of cizikis in ny).

They need a lw and I want kerfoot to gtfo, but I’m fine with what they did today. No mistakes, a few value guys who are east to move in from if they don’t workout.

I built a contender template a few years ago, based solely on points.

Needless to say the big 4 are well above their minimum point totals, the complementary players on the top two lines should contribute a minimum of 40pts/each. Will Bunting be tried in this role, he paces out to 40pts but in a small sample.

As for you bottom 6, here is a breakdown:

35 - Spezza (40+)
25 - Kerfoot (30+)
20 - Simmonds (25+)
15 - Mikheyev (20+)
15 - Engvall (20+)
15 - Kampf (15)

Back