• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

I feel like I've been defending Dubas here for the most part. I think 90% of NHL GMs are complete shit and the thought of a new GM who is as batshit as the majority terrifies me.

I just have a bunch of the same of the same concerns I did in the spring.

Boyd Engvall Brooks Spezza Nash.

All attempted to fill the 4C spot last year.

Hmm. Wonder why they grabbed kampf.

Dubas best moves were in not resigning Freddy, GForce and Foligno. Hopefully a Tarasenko like player is in the works, our bottom 6 isn't looking great

Untrue.

We had one of the more productive bottom 6es in the league.

When they played up the lineup with the skill, they scored some points. Yes

10 of Kerfoots' 23 points came up the lineup with the big boys
15 of Thornton's 20 came with with the big 4 on the ice
Simmonds had 6 points on the season that didn't come off of the 1st PP unit
11 of Galchenyuk's 12 came with the Big 4 on the ice
5 of Mikky's 17 points came with the Big 4 on the ice.

We didn't have offensive depth, we had a carousel of guys who produced some points when they got opportunities with the 4 elite guys. When the depth played with the rest of the depth, they did very little offensively.

When they played up the lineup with the skill, they scored some points. Yes

10 of Kerfoots' 23 points came up the lineup with the big boys
15 of Thornton's 20 came with with the big 4 on the ice
Simmonds had 6 points on the season that didn't come off of the 1st PP unit
11 of Galchenyuk's 12 came with the Big 4 on the ice
5 of Mikky's 17 points came with the Big 4 on the ice.

We didn't have offensive depth, we had a carousel of guys who produced some points when they got opportunities with the 4 elite guys. When the depth played with the rest of the depth, they did very little offensively.

Oh for fucks sake do the math guy.

way to miss the racism

It was a clip from the movie Friday and was intended on being parody and comedy.

If it's funny, it can't be racist.

44VN.gif

Reactions: CH1
Oh for fucks sake do the math guy.

If by "the math" you mean add up all the points the depth guys got and compare it to the points other team's depth guys got...no, go fuck yourself. That's a weak analysis of the facts when the left side of our forward group was a carousel of misfit toys all season playing with 40 million dollars of studs.

Reactions: CH1
If by "the math" you mean add up all the points the depth guys got and compare it to the points other team's depth guys got...no, go fuck yourself. That's a weak analysis of the facts when the left side of our forward group was a carousel of misfit toys all season playing with 40 million dollars of studs.

Ah yes the leafs need special magic math where you devalue all their bottom 6 points even though the team was relatively healthy all year.

They replaced Freddy's .895, they're better.

They haven't replaced Hyman, but we are 5 hours into the offseason.

what I’ve been saying all day to leafs fans that forget that it shouldn’t matter who the fuck is LW on the top two lines when you are paying for these stars. If Matthews needs Hyman to be a top 3 player in the league next year - then we are fucked anyways.

we won shit with hyman - this loss is replaceable - maybe someone with hands to finish plays come playoffs

This isn’t black and white - Bonino could have had zero interest in coming here or would only come here at a different price.
Bullshit copout. By all accounts leafs were in on negotiations and just didn't offer as much. And if he would have rather played somewhere else he'd obviously take an extra million of Toronto offered that over 2 years. Still would have been reasonable and made Kerf a lot more tradeable. Win-win. Instead they signed that garbage ass dude and are stuck with Kerf or Engvall as the 3c.

This isn’t black and white - Bonino could have had zero interest in coming here or would only come here at a different price.

If he likes money....and we had money...what's the problem? Throw 3M x 2 at him and call it a day. If we were comfortable paying Kerfoot more than that to be a below average 3C the last 2 years, we should be comfortable paying Bonino to be a good 3C for 2 more years.

Back