• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Fucking Offseason Thread - Why bother waiting?

He breaks models, haven't you heard.

I think stuff like this shows the weakness in the JFresh/TopShelf model.

EvolvingHockey actually has Bunting's xGAR, better than his actual GAR, which was slightly above mediocre:

o2B5HGT.png
jGV6Be4.png

The encouraging thing about his numbers is that he wasn't sheltered at all - he was getting just under 17min a game in a top6 role for them (alongside not the best caliber of top 6 linemates in the league either).

I sometimes feel obligated to blow everything he does around here. But we all wanted Bonino. He didn't get him and he went somewhere else at a cheap contract and that disappointed me because they still don't have a real 3C. That's it. He can turn around and make 5 other great moves and the narrative shifts to "this was an awesome offseason" as opposed to right now where I simply have questions/concerns about how much he can improve the team with the amount of cap space available.

I sometimes feel obligated to blow everything he does around here. But we all wanted Bonino. He didn't get him and he went somewhere else at a cheap contract and that disappointed me because they still don't have a real 3C. That's it. He can turn around and make 5 other great moves and the narrative shifts to "this was an awesome offseason" as opposed to right now where I simply have questions/concerns about how much he can improve the team with the amount of cap space available.
Yep.

Kampf at 1.5 vs Bonino at 2.25 is a big head scratcher.

Would have liked Mrazak for less but goalies went for stupid prices and i cant really blame him for it.

Money is available and we can open up more.

That would be the Bogosian type that Dubas keeps mentioning he's going to sign. Not sure who else is available.

It's also funny to me that the same people who destroyed Dubas for loving Freddy to death just shrug their shoulders that he moved on.

I’m not particularly disappointed they didn’t sign Bonino, personally. But signing Kampf for $500K less than he got is still a head-scratcher.

And it’s not just Kampf’s price tag I object to, but also that I disagree with the idea that our bottom-6 needs any more guys who are absolute black holes offensively.

I’m not particularly disappointed they didn’t sign Bonino, personally. But signing Kampf for $500K less than he got is still a head-scratcher.

And it’s not just Kampf’s price tag I object to, but also that I disagree with the idea that our bottom-6 needs any more guys who are absolute black holes offensively.
Yeah it's the combination of the two for me. Dubas valued a 0 offence black hole, defence-only guy over a guy like Bonino. That is his vision for the bottom six. And I am not sure I agree with it.

But maybe he turns around and sets the world on fire to improve on the group up front. Being concerned/unsure is reasonable though considering their lack of current cap space.

I don't necessarily think there's much negativity. He just seems to want constant nonstop blowjobs and some of us have Questions. In a different way than WW has questions of course...

Or is it different?

Shit. Something to think about.

Dubas certainly believes in his methods. His ass is likely getting fired unless they have playoff success next year.

Kampf is basically different Riley Nash, and the 2 years part i dont get.

Also, he claims to have tried to get him with Chicago, which makes me wonder how that didn't happen. Why was Stan not selling?

Back