• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

I don’t think I buy that that’s a thing when they’re still getting shots, dangerous chances, but just not finishing. Matthews and Tavares just “choke” doing something they’ve done hundreds of times before, where every game is still a high pressure situation? They can still do it earlier on in playoff series, but the last couple games they’re inept? It doesn’t make any sense, especially since they all stepped up and had a productive series against TB from start to finish.

I’d like to see them fake it till they make it. The big boys should get vocal before games, literally call a victory, show the confidence and risk not coming through. I want to see them exhibit some arrogance, fuck the humble party lines.

Tavares has been a wet fart in the playoffs his entire career, shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

66 point pace and a -14 (which paces out to -21) and it's been worse since coming here. 57 point pace and a -9 in 31 games (-24 pace).

Leadership.

This is going to be an exciting offseason. Expecting LOTS of change. Hopefully top to bottom wholesale changes.

They’re not moving Tavares. Need to wake up from your pipe dreams.

If big changes mean, using the money to bring in some expensive talents and relying on kids like Lilly, Knies, Robertson, Holmberg, etc., I’m all in. Otherwise, fuck trading one of the core guys because “choking”.

there's an easy psychological explanation.
And not buying it.

These guys played under pressure their whole lives to all be drafted 1st overall or not far behind.

I’ll never accept that they are psychologically unable to step up.

And nor should anyone else. Every year when I pointed out their lack of scoring was a problem, I was drowned out by goalie complaints and career playoff stats, and I kept saying it’s just in elimination games, and to get around it we need to add a couple of additional legit scoring options. Now you all dour on them after they knocked out TB and then got fucked by a lucky and hot goalie, and refs who don’t call penalties or fucking goals going in?

They were close enough this year to the point that a couple of OT games swing the other way and we’re advancing. What transpired this year provides no reason to dismantle the core. We need to dismantle the coach, play the kids, and add a couple of real depth scorers.

One Change I am looking forward to is not having to watch kerfoot play for the leafs ever again.

looking back on game 5, he had two really good opportunities on Marner rw to lw cross ice setups in the slot. Both times he tried loading up his shot rather than snapping it, which gave the panther d time to get sticks in the way. Don’t think he got either chance on net.

They’re not moving Tavares. Need to wake up from your pipe dreams.

If big changes mean, using the money to bring in some expensive talents and relying on kids like Lilly, Knies, Robertson, Holmberg, etc., I’m all in. Otherwise, fuck trading one of the core guys because “choking”.

They aren't moving him because they can't move him.

If he didn't have a nmc*, he gone.

Last edited:
One Change I am looking forward to is not having to watch kerfoot play for the leafs ever again.

looking back on game 5, he had two really good opportunities on Marner rw to lw cross ice setups in the slot. Both times he tried loading up his shot rather than snapping it, which gave the panther d time to get sticks in the way. Don’t think he got either chance on net.

Holl as well. Neither are bad players, but we've seen what both look like when the chips are down...and nope. Just nope.

That's 5.5 that can be better spent elsewhere.

Tavares has been a wet fart in the playoffs his entire career, shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

66 point pace and a -14 (which paces out to -21) and it's been worse since coming here. 57 point pace and a -9 in 31 games (-24 pace).

Leadership.
The good news is that his creator has developed a new downloadable boost trait of leaderbean and personality for an extra 3m cap hit

Back