• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Let's look at this through the lens of insanity shall we?

If they don't make some sort of cultural change on the ice and bring someone in that will motivate guys to go through walls (we finished 28th instead of lower because Marty got guys to go through walls), whether that guy is a coach, a new captain, whatever it may be should they stay the course and repeat that again? Sorry but they deserve the mockery then.

Dubas talking to press at 9:00 today

dregs and half brain coliacovo were arguing that really there aren't any good replacements as a coach for this team. and that it doesn't seem that Dubas may be going elsewhere either.

Their thoughts:
Galant is more for a veteran team
Boudreau is a no because of lack of success
Quenville hasn't been approved back in and the rangers aren't actually interested either.

Who do any of you guys see as a new head coach possibility?

Would the leafs bring back keefe with an assistant coach that could come right in a la Boudreau (only one example)

I too like most here really can't wait to see a completely new bottom six. I want a top defenseman to finally play with Reilly. Wouldn't mind seeing Schenn back TBH.

And I am on the trade Marner train. Too small, and too easily neutralized with physical play. Use him to get that stud D and a 3C or power winger for the bottom six

They need to take a page out of the Tulsky/Canes playbook (if they don't take Tulsky). Just acquire the most skilled players you can for the money you have and make it work within your system.

Surrounding the core with a bunch of guys with no talent just isn't doing it. That isn't to say you can have no Kampfs, Schenns etc. But it cant be half your roster. Kerfoot, Acciari, Kampf, Lafferty, ZAR, Engvall Jarnkrok, Schenn, Holl, Brodie, McCabe. Half the team can't make plays with the puck. Can't enter a zone with possession. Can't exit the zone with possession. Its not a good skillset for a team trying to dominate possession.
They need guys more players who can skate with the puck through the NZ, and create offense. It doesn't even really matter who. Whoever is the cheapest in contract/acquistion cost really. The Canes take all these castoffs like Burns, Gostisberge, Max Pac etc and just make it work, even though they play a dump and chase, heavy forecheck kind of game.

Dubas can stay, but he needs a change in his philosophical approach to building this team.

Pridham is fine, but though good cap management work he earned promotions, and I'm not sure a CBA lawyer should be Dubas' #2 hockey person.

I’d like to see them fake it till they make it. The big boys should get vocal before games, literally call a victory, show the confidence and risk not coming through. I want to see them exhibit some arrogance, fuck the humble party lines.
3 questions:

1) How many years have you been waiting for "the big boys" to lead?
2) How many more years are you planning to wait for it to happen?
3) And if it hasn't happened by now, what are the odds that it ever will?

I’ll never accept that they are psychologically unable to step up.

No one is saying they aren't able, they just don't. Because choking.

They were close enough this year to the point that a couple of OT games swing the other way and we’re advancing.

They were also close enough to the point that a couple of OT games against Tampa swing the other way and you'd have been golfing a week ago.

Aren't we supposed to have all the best performance coaches and sports science people? How the hell were we playing a 39 year old so much when we were locked into a playoff position by like December? Load management isn't exactly a secret at this point.

Interesting that Kyle is speaking alone today. Last year he was with Shanny.. This year, just him and Shanny will speak in the coming days. They were rarely seen together this year. The Mirtle rumors about them no longer getting along seem to have some smoke to it.

Back