• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

gretzky-2-1.jpg

Crosby seemed to be hitting another level that year he first got the neck injury that they couldn't figure out for like 3 years. He was on a ridiculous like 70+ goal 140+ point pace or something like that (he came back for a few games which I believe brought his pace down).

He never got back to that level, and those were his 24-26y/o season - prime time for a forward. I really feel like we got robbed of his best.
Agreed. That was him at his absolute peak. Too bad.

Crosby seemed to be hitting another level that year he first got the neck injury that they couldn't figure out for like 3 years. He was on a ridiculous like 70+ goal 140+ point pace or something like that (he came back for a few games which I believe brought his pace down).

He never got back to that level, and those were his 24-26y/o season - prime time for a forward. I really feel like we got robbed of his best.
Kinda emblematic of the sport turning a blind eye to the prevalence and severity of brain injuries.

Back