• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

raw does the opposite. but the scale with raw is misleading.

Were Klingberg and Benoit two of the worst dmen in the league in xG impact last year? Yes. That much worse than every other dman? Likely not. He had to increase the size of the chart to fit Klingberg in there.

3 of the Leafs top 7 d consist of players from Chicago and Anaheim last year. That's hilarious.

With that said we all knew they were gonna get a league min gudpro to be the #7. Tree bitch hinted as much. Whether it was this guy or some other plug, it's all the same. At least he's league min.

Ducks xgf rel

1. Shattenkirk +4.0 --> BOS 1 x $1.05
2. Fowler +2.5
3. Beaulieu -1.1 -----> CAR PTO
4. White -1.6
5. Kulikov -1.8 ------> FLA 1 x $1.00
6. Klingberg -4.0 --> TOR 1 x $4.05
7. Benoit -4.0 ------> TOR 1 x $0.78

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hopefully there's at least some usage explanation....let me look....yeah there is a little bit at least

DZS% - OZS%

1. Benoit +7.0
2. Kulikov +6.2
3. Beaulieu +5.9
4. White +5.6
5. Shattenkirk +3.5
6. Fowler +1.0
7. Klingberg -0.5 :eek::eek::eek:

5v5 TOI

1. Fowler 18:23
2. Klingberg 17:23
3. Kulikov 16:27
4. Benoit 15:48
5. Shattenkirk 15:42
6. White 13:13
7. Beaulieu 12:54
Just to add to this.. Benoit and Klingberg clearly have chemistry so maybe that was a factor. They played almost 300 minutes together and had a sparkling 35% xgf%. They were outscored 18-11. Not bad!

Benoit and Klingberg clearly have chemistry so maybe that was a factor.

That's fucking terrifying on multiple levels. Benoit should see the ice after a minimum of 2 metric injuries (3.5 imperial injuries) and not a moment sooner.

200w.gif

#chemistry

In all seriousness he might be an ok 3rd pair guy. Digging a bit deeper he was more than fine in a 3rd pair role in 21-22. He was given a bigger role on an absolutely shambolic team last year and was horrifying.. Though Klingberg may have been even worse.

In all seriousness he might be an ok 3rd pair guy. Digging a bit deeper he was more than fine in a 3rd pair role in 21-22. He was given a bigger role on an absolutely shambolic team last year and was horrifying.. Though Klingberg may have been even worse.

I don't know if a useful method to encourage a Klingberg bounce back would be to put him back with the guy he had the worst stretch of his career with.

3 of the Leafs top 7 d consist of players from Chicago and Anaheim last year. That's hilarious.

With that said we all knew they were gonna get a league min gudpro to be the #7. Tree bitch hinted as much. Whether it was this guy or some other plug, it's all the same. At least he's league min.
Honestly, people go gaga over D on shitty teams, so maybe some will like this

I don't know if a useful method to encourage a Klingberg bounce back would be to put him back with the guy he had the worst stretch of his career with.
Yeah that was mostly a joke on my end. But hey, I bet they perform more than fine behind a really good team in a sheltered 3rd pair role.

And yes, I expect this guy to play more often than we'd hope for.

and fwiw, I have as little patience for Treliving this season as I had for Dubas last year. We're at the point with this group where we don't have time to fuck around. We're already past the point of hoping for a Rapehawks or Kings golden generation type quasi dynasty and we're on to hoping for a Tampa Bay style mini dynasty as best case scenario with a "puck off the crossbar saving our dicks" Capitals one and done as our floor (hopefully....). We just don't have many seasons left to burn with incompetent roster building.

FWIW Dubas probably would have made this exact signing. He has done it every year, though sometimes it has been through trade like with Boosh and Schenn. This one reminds me more of a Jordie Benn type of signing with at least some upside if you squint a bit.

hey don't kiss off Timmins like that.

then again, timmins was an Arizona D last year, so same same.

Poor Timmins

but tbh I'm still waiting for Brad to make an interesting trade of some kind to sort out the logjam for real. I'm pretty sure he's trying.

Back