• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

If he can maintain his work eithic and puck protection down low he will produce as he will likely get top 6 duty most nights

If he can maintain his work eithic and puck protection down low he will produce as he will likely get top 6 duty most nights

and Knies has one thing other Leaf wingers don't have...size. he is a big boy and actually uses his weight (getting demoed in the playoffs aside)

being the closest thing this team has to a power forward will likely net him some good opportunity

he will most definitely get reps with Matthews and Tavares

Imo he clearly looked much better than just a 3rd line winger. He was driving play, creating chances, and creating turnovers defensively. Produced at a 40pt pace at evens, which is easy top 6 production, and honestly seemed a bit unlucky not to score more.

Whether he can keep that up or not is another question.

He was fantastic. I was "Optimistic", but damn. At age 20 right our of college he exceeded all expectations. And he might have not even played if not for Bunting's suspension.

and that's fine, but that's definitely a bit more aligned with what I'm worried about than what his biggest supporters here are projecting.

At this point though, I'll take any cheap addition capable of playing in the top 6 and not disappearing in the playoffs.
The thing is , he is perfectly slotted and insulated

Star vets ahead of him and with Domi and Bertuzzi a great fit on the top 9

Let him develop and carve out his role

Huge advantage over shit teams where he maybe rushed or asked to do too much right away

A second round steal IMO

Back