• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Eh, not easy to fit all your needs and wants under the cap. The deadline is a chance for teams to pay a price to go over the cap and add whatever you think your team needs.

Personally I think a Muzzin replacement is a bigger "hole". Offensive depth should be improved, though of course you'd hope for a better player than Kampf has the key shutdown guy.

Give some kids a chance to fill some key roles. If they fail, you address it at the deadline by going over the cap and loading up on things you may lack.

Still can’t get over what a loser ROR turned out to be. Ran scared from Toronto with his tail tucked between his legs to a crappy team in a market where there’s zero pressure, likely no playoff games and nobody will recognize him on the street.

Really content to mail in the back half of his career after getting his one Cup.
It really looks bad on him and Gudas (Who offered up the pressure stuff without mentioning he took the most $, which was Anaheim).
Not sure why people turn it into "Players don't want to be here" and then ignore better UFAs signed here this summer.
No one says this crap in any other sport.

Klingberg + Jarnkrok packaged with picks/prospects probably gets you some decent upgrades by the deadline.

but maybe Klingberg finds his game here.

It really looks bad on him and Gudas (Who offered up the pressure stuff without mentioning he took the most $, which was Anaheim).
Not sure why people turn it into "Players don't want to be here" and then ignore better UFAs signed here this summer.
No one says this crap in any other sport.
ROR was a rental unless the Leafs grossly overpaid , let the Preds deal with the bad contract

It’d be pretty crazy if they trade Klingberg at the deadline, just because I always think of a new free agent as being a long to play out the year.

But since the new additions, I keep looking up and down the lineup to find some fluff to ditch to create space and basically there’s nothing. I don’t want to move Jarny other than in a combo trade where we get value, but if we had to just dump guys making over $1m for picks, the order I’d go in would have to be Reaves (not going to happen obviously), Laff, Jarny (sadly), Kampf (not a fan of that deal), Klingberg, Domi. Four of those guys we just signed.

Whatever the reason for him leaving, and I assure you we can debate that reason, bottom line is that ROR and the assets we spent to rent him are gone, and he was an upgrade we still require to match up with the top teams.

who are the 3rd line Cs on the top teams?

Knies 21 --- Tverberg 21 --- Hirvonen 21
Mastrosimone 21 --- Minten 19 --- Voit 20
Lisowsky 19 --- Cowan 18 --- Kressler 20
Weiss 23 --- Ovchinnikov 21 ---Ellis 23
(Frasca 20 --- Greenway 20)

Kokkonen 22 --- Villeneuve 21
Chadwick 18 --- Niemela 21
Sova 19 --- Dillingham 21
Tychonick 23 --- Miller 24
Leslie 18

Hildeby 22
Peksa 21
Cavallin 22
of all the invites that 18yr old dman Mazden Leslie looks interesting.

Back