• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Most players would have had to wait for their third contracts to get the raises that Marner and Matthews got on their second contracts.

The league doesn't work like that anymore and hasn't for a long time. McDavid and Eichel both broke that mold before our guys were up for contracts

I might this year since it's a decent match to the currently circulating strain (for now) and I haven't bit hit in 3 years. I could do for a top up. But generally if you got infected within the year there probably isn't much of a benefit because you'll eventually end up getting infected soon enough anyway so you're adding on some (small) risk by getting the vax too.

Your experience next time may be different tho. My first infection was nearly entirely asymptomatic pre vax. My brother, who is more of an athlete than me still hasn't recovered from his 2021 post vax infection. On avg your experience is about right tho. Have a friend who got it a few weeks ago and is still left with no taste or smell which sounds a lot like hell for me but could be worse I guess.
I've read that the no taste/smell outcome is literally a form of mild brain damage. That's concerning. Didn't experience that at all though.

I've read that the no taste/smell outcome is literally a form of mild brain damage. That's concerning. Didn't experience that at all though.
Ya hard to know if that lose of smell/taste thing has any long-term consequences after it is fully resolved. But it is brain-related, yeah.

That symptom went away for awhile but it's back now and pretty common with the recent infections. Newer variants are definitely more nasty than they were in early 2022 but good to hear you got off easy.

Ya hard to know if that lose of smell/taste thing has any long-term consequences after it is fully resolved. But it is brain-related, yeah.

That symptom went away for awhile but it's back now and pretty common with the recent infections. Newer variants are definitely more nasty than they were in early 2022 but good to hear you got off easy.
Yeah, mine was much more annoying than anything else. One of those, you think you'll be better by the morning, but then wake up and see you're not at the finish line yet and it'll drag longer still.

I have a cousin who I think has caught it at least three times, and two of those times lost her taste/smell, so that can't be good.

Winnipeg is pretty okay, but just pretty okay

Connor-Scheif-Nino
Iafallo-Vilardi-Ehlers
Perfetti-Lowry-Appleton

Morrissey-Schmidt
Dillon-Pionk'

Helly

Is a pretty, pretty okay group. Lacks depth in elite game breaking talent but has skill throughout the top 9, a decent or better top 4 and of course a Vezina candidate in net.

But I don't get what he means as "surprise" (well....I know what he means but the RCMP continues to do nothing). Winnipeg was 95 points last year, not complete garbage or anything. I could see that group hitting 100+ points.

I have never and will never understand the widespread optimism of the fucking Winnipeg Jets.

I criminally mediocre roster ( Raptors minus title) and key players surely leaving in FA cause, Winnipeg, but each and every god damn year someone calls them best Canadian team, or a sleeper or somethign.

I could see them finish as the 3rd best Canadian team.

Toronto
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Ottawa
Vancouver
Montreal

Honestly love that Duboia trade for them.

Yeah, they turned a really good but not great centre who didn't want to be there into a collection of players that are pretty good but not great and gives them a pile of extra depth they were missing.

Yeah, they turned a really good but not great centre who didn't want to be there into a collection of players that are pretty good but not great and gives them a pile of extra depth they were missing.
Very true, a great trade.

Also has any GM stayed in power as long as Cheveldayoff with zero results?

He's done about as good a job in Winnipeg as anyone would.

You end up stuck with homegrown players and misfit toys. He seems to do pretty well trading off the pieces that don't want to be there and keeping the team competitive.

Reactions: CH1
Back