• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Nah, wait for the deadline and go after whoever the next Ekholm is. There isn't a 3-4 million dollar defender who is going to move the needle.

They gotta get under the cap though. I doubt they want to dump Jarny for a pick. McCabe sorta has no claim on anything having just gotten here and being a recent Dubie pick up. I’m no nhl scout anymore but there must be some good young dmen out there who could be pried away with that package (maybe plus a prospect) from a team that can afford to go sort of sideways on the D exchange but has a need for a cheap 20 goal guy.

Don't be surprised if the final roster tommorrow has some weird choices on it to get as close the cap as possible to maximize LTIR overage. I was able to get to $634 under the cap by sending down Knies and calling up Cowen, Hirvonen, and Ellis.

They’re not gonna be dumb though, to drop Knies or some silly thing like that.

Also how could that possibly save money? Those three guys make more than Knies.

Sure, you can add "for us" there if you want.

I still think he was pretty good in the beginning though. Kinda think what has been said here sums it up though - we eventually got to a place where our depth was too many safe, no-event guys.

Back