• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

so if Gregor gets league min the leafs will come in $85,217 under the cap.

not sure what is more important but they could give gregor more money to get right to the cap if that somehow makes more sense for them.

does anyone else have a hard time feeling… any way at all about Jarnkrok? I’m sure Dom’s model says good things and his numbers are decent I think but… god he’s boring.

I mean…I do legitimately loathe Jarnkrok myself. But it’s precisely because he’s such a bland, vanilla, milquetoast, soft low-event player. The epitome of Dubas’s preferred kind of forward depth.

Not to mention the almost impressively long track record of providing absolutely nothing in the playoffs. It’s like he’s Pierre Engvall’s ghost of career future.

In saying that, I kind of like that he's the third wheel on the kid line. Should provide some insulation there. And having one dubas boring vanilla low event guy ain't so bad when they've pretty much loaded up on guys with questionable defensive impacts.

I wouldn't miss him if he's gone but I think he has more value on this roster than last year's. Because for once, it's something they don't have much of.

It’s the best thing to do.

You keep Jarny for his depth and offense as long as you can.

That gives you time to see how Minty fares to start.

It also gives Jarny time to put up some points and boost trade value.

You also get to see if Koko is better than Timmins.

And then you’ve got a ton more info to make the best decision when Timmins is healthy. Plus, in the meantime, you may have other injuries and may need both Jarny and Timmins to play so you can defer the decision even longer.

giphy.gif

Back