• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother-fucking goddamn Off-season Thread

Let him dominate the AHL and/or have a solid NHl stint and rebuild some value then you can maybe consider it in the right package for a Muzzin. Though cap-wise that'll be a tough fit. I don't see it this year.

"he's had lots of injuries and other prospects are passing him on the depth chart so they should give him a fresh start elsewhere" is what i keep seeing repeated.

think that's pretty silly though unless there's a clear great deal there. being an elite team with a few other kids impressing should afford us the luxury of a lot of patience.

thought he had a pretty good camp but his hands weren't there, and i'm guessing that's mostly rust given he hasn't played in almost a year.

"he's had lots of injuries and other prospects are passing him on the depth chart so they should give him a fresh start elsewhere" is what i keep seeing repeated.

think that's pretty silly though unless there's a clear great deal there. being an elite team with a few other kids impressing should afford us the luxury of a lot of patience.
"His trade value is likely less than his actual value right now so they should trade him."

That's how I read that. Open to trading him for a d and it makes a lot of sense. But they need 1. Cap space and 2. For him to regain some lost value.

and why is every bad idea pumped across Leaf Nation always for a defender in return?

The defender doesn't have to be (and usually isn't) good. But a defender is always the return piece in every terrible idea floated online.

Let him go to the AHL and get his game back. Then, when he is called up, he can hurt himself again getting on the GO Train at the CNE.

Interesting is that they had better combinations to get closer to the cap.

They must be afraid of losing McMann on waivers. Look for him to stick on the roster for a bit at least.

sounds like the league banned players using pride tape.

wouldn't want to offend the "why is everyone is so offended about everything these days" boomer crowd with rainbow colours.

Easy to blame Bettman and NHL PR for this, but really they are taking a bullet for the majority of NHL owners that would have put this forward.

I hope that a few good teams/Gms/players stand against this and at least give their players the option.

Owners are afriad of the negative publicity they got from the few players who refused to wear jerseys.

And let’s face it—the #1 project of Bettman’s career and of the owners who support him has been to grow the NHL in the southern United States. And the southern US and the Bible Belt loves to hate them some gays.

It’s also a preemptive effort to avoid uncomfortable questions being asked about superstars and longtime faces of the league like Alex Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin. Bettman doesn’t want people thinking about the fact that they and other prominent Russian players are virulent homophobes and hardcore Putinists.

If Willy’s last contract negotiation is any indication, we won’t hear a peep out of him or any of his representatives, or any attempts to use media proxies to negotiate.

As long as Treliving also keeps it quiet on his side, we won’t hear a thing until the day his contract extension is announced.

First, both our top 6 LW are UFAs after this year so we need cheap players capable of cracking the top 6.

Second, why the hell cant he play in the bottom 6? That makes no sense.

Back