• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

Felt extremely confident in my parlay today...

...I went 4/6... Where I picked the wrong team.

The only two games where I didn't pick the wrong team only started 30 mins ago.

And one of those games that started 30 mins ago already looks like a lost cause.

Ayoye.

Last edited:
cSAVLNN.jpeg

Did I read that correctly?
Andy Dalton is now the starter in Carolina?
He’s still in the fucking league?
He’s like herpes, never goes away.

I'll raise you Cleveland and The (alleged) Rapist Deshaun Watson.

This is in a category all its own….one of the most deplorable actions in sport, right up there with the Blackhawks & Hockey Canada scandals.

Last edited:
Boy that Jalen Hurts sure is awesome.

Another in a long line of QBs now who benefit from not being thrown directly into the starting job…

Not saying there’s no QBs who can’t do it day one….but unless they’re ultra special, the plan should almost always be to sit them for a year if not two.

Jets would have found at least one franchise QB already if we hadn’t started all of Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and Wilson right out of the gates imo….but all four of them had their confidences shattered pretty early on.

Happy to see Geno and now possibly Darnold pull themselves out of that early hole.

Another in a long line of QBs now who benefit from not being thrown directly into the starting job…

Not saying there’s no QBs who can’t do it day one….but unless they’re ultra special, the plan should almost always be to sit them for a year if not two.

Jets would have found at least one franchise QB already if we hadn’t started all of Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and Wilson right out of the gates imo….but all four of them had their confidences shattered pretty early on.

Happy to see Geno and now possibly Darnold pull themselves out of that early hole.
My post was more meant as sarcasm since I don't think he's all that great. :)

But I whole heartedly agree. Whether it's QBs or 18 year olds playing in the NHL, I find almost no value in putting players in positions to fail.

The unfortunate reality of QBs is that it's a double edged sword. If there's highly sought after QB in the draft, there ain't any contending teams coming to take him, only the shitty teams. And the shitty teams all want him, it's almost assuredly because they have no quarterback and they feel pressured to put him in the starting lineup.

The best thing to happen to Patrick Mahomes was that Kansas City was a good team and they made a huge jump in the draft to take him, and then kept him on the bench the first year.

Back