• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

I don't blame you. However, I don't know how good Jalen Hurts would be in New York with Nate Hackett and the other doofuses cosplaying as football coaches.

Hurts is really good, but he entered as good a situation as Mahomes run by one of the two smartest teams in the league.

Best OL, legit weapons, great coaching.

Just read a stat (can’t confirm or deny but I’d believe it)
Mahomes has had 22 ints overturned in his 6 season career.
Brady had 16 in 22 seasons

Just read a stat (can’t confirm or deny but I’d believe it)
Mahomes has had 22 ints overturned in his 6 season career.
Brady had 16 in 22 seasons

I think it’s 17…but I suspect if you went through them, it’s cause the moment he sees a flag down, he takes a shot deep that gets intercepted.

(Also have to consider how many QBs have played a similar # of games since 2018…etc etc)

suspect the implication (that refs are helping him by tossing a flag post-INT) isn’t quite the story people are making it out to be on Twitter.

Maybe I’m wrong tho.

Darnold has now led the Vikings to an impressive 3-0. He's had good small stretches in his career before, so I haven't booked my Super Bowl plans yet, but I will say this:

I really enjoy watching him QB. After 6 years of Cousins, I'm having a blast watching this year's games. It's fun to see coach KOC's brain meld with a QB that has all the physical tools.

Not that Cousin was bad, but Darnold has already done things that Cousins couldn't or chose not to.

Two plays stand out.

Last week vs the Niners: It wasn't the 97 yard TD to Jefferson. It was this throw.

3rd and long halfway through the 4th quarter. Vikings leading by 6. Could really use another score to chew some clock and put the game out of reach.

I've seen Kirk in this position many times. He's so afraid to turn the ball over in this situation as to not give the opponent a short field, so the play usually ends with a safe checkdown, leaving the D to make a big stop against a talented offense.

Not Darnold. He throws a dagger while Nailor is halfway through his route. Vikes eventually get a field goal and pretty much ice the game.

View: https://x.com/TheSharpeWit/status/1836143085954183450

The second play is yesterday's opening TD. Nothing spectacular, but it's a play that a statue like Kirk can't make happen. Darnold's relative athleticism affords Jefferson 6 seconds to get open. Easy peasy.

View: https://x.com/3rd_forever10k/status/1837903080215474614

These are plays that I've seen the Vikings opponents pull off regularly. Now it's fun to see these plays working for my side.

Reactions: BG
Back