• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TML? More like FML, amirite? Yet Another Off Season Thread

Last year is the 1st time Muzz has played in less than 75% of his team's games, and the 2nd he's played less than 90%, and it was due to conkys.

When the soon to be 34 year old D man who has missed 35 games in the last year shows up with a bad back to camp, I tend to get a little concerned

Yeah, and he gets lots of tweaks every year so let him sit when he needs. Makes no sense to wear that guy down in the regular season to keep a shitty 3rd line winger.

Holl is so much more important to the team.

The irony of Presty calling him the best shut down D throughout the summer.

He’ll probably be shut down for most of the year.
It's gonna be weird when you celebrate every time he gets any sort of minor injury all season. Like it or not, he is one of the keys to the teams success this year. If he's not healthy or takes a steep step back this year, the dreams of having one of the leagues best shutdown pairs are crushed. This is a bad thing.

I hope you really don’t think I’m happy about having an injured lug on the team all year when he certainly had some good trade value in the off-season. If we’re not trading him, he better at least stay fucking healthy and play well.

And he’s no key. The key is Sandin and Lilly taking over, not old guys being leaned on for support when they’re broken crutches.

You love being right. You brought up and article about a decade old trade to brag about being right. This is more important to you. And that is okay, we've all got egos!

I'm gonna hope that Muzzin is as good as he was for his entire career and especially last playoffs!

Correction - I love pointing out that I was right after getting a ton of flack. I earned the right on the Kessel deal. But yes, I generally love being right too. So you’re right about that, and I am happy to celebrate your rightness! We can all be happy.

But yeah, it’s annoying that we have young blue chip studs but insist on riding with Muzz straight into his coffin as it appears to be in the process of getting nailed shut.

Back