• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Training Camp 2022

I've somewhat liked Dach, he just lacks a bit of urgency in his game, similar to Kotkaniemi. But i like his poise. I think Anderson would be a good fit on his wing.

The most infuriating thing about the NHL will always be the referees.
Game management

No penalty call = 2-1 Winnipeg

Proper penalty call = 3-2 Habs

This right here is the perfect example of how they effect the game.

I doubt he’ll ever get a first but I’m fine with a second.
Me neither, but it all depends on how desperate a team gets. Just need a team like Carolina, Colorado or Washington to have one injury too many and they might be desperate enough to want Dadonov at 50% for a 1st.

But something like a 2nd + 5th for Dadonov seems more realistic.

Roy & Kidney were both sent back to the Q.

Not a surprise. Neither of them really stood out in the game.

I'm expecting a whole bunch of cuts after Saturday's game to send the majority of the AHL-bound players to Laval's training camp, which starts Sunday.

Dach was good on the draw this game. They are working with him on that.

Pimeau's issues are mental. He has the skill but seems to wilt.

You know who Primeau kind of reminds me of? Justin Pogge.

I remember @legoalie saying for years that Toronto putting their faith in Justin Pogge was a terrible idea because he used to coach him and he would get rattled regularly. legoalie could probably tell the story much better than I could, though.

Primeau looks like that. He seems to have the required skill, but I'm not sure he has the mental toughness to be an NHL caliber goalie.

I have no faith whatsoever that Primeau will ever amount to anything. I agree with the mental part, he plays on his heels, afraid to be beaten, instead of confident and on his toes daring the shooters to find a way to beat him. It hasn’t changed in 3 years.

Back