• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens, David Reinbacher

It will be easy to bitch about it if Reinbacher is just meh and Michkov becomes elite, because it's not hindsight. Most of us wanted him taken at 5 at the time.

Indeed. Hughes took a personal career risk in NOT drafting Michkov. At least he has three years of safety net

And no, I don't believe that Molson vetoed drafting Michkov. It's possible, I suppose, but I think very unlikely.

I agree

Plenty of other reasons to be Michkov averse (size, speed, awol for 3 yrs)

It will be easy to bitch about it if Reinbacher is just meh and Michkov becomes elite, because it's not hindsight. Most of us wanted him taken at 5 at the time.
Oh I am sure the second he scores on us, people here will soil themselves and will compare it to Fischer Giroux, Bustitsyn/Carter but who cares, l'Autrichien will probably prevent more goals than the little guy scores

He was fine with the Habs drafting a "sexual predator" who asked not be drafted but he's going to veto a kid who's not responsible for what his country's crazy dictator does? I don't think so.
He was not fine with it. That was a Bergevin move.

Look I can see reasons to not take him but they're excuses when you have a chance to take a risk on a guy like that.

Back