• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What are you eating/last thing you ate?

Had a sandwich for breakfast today (no eggs/bacon in fridge, yogurt three days in a row already). Mesquite-smoked turkey with a little tomato (the lettuce was wilted) and brown mustard. And a large Bartlett pear.
Exciting, huh? ;)

3/4 cup serving of plain nonfat yogurt with a large banana and, to make things different today, a slice of six-grain bread, toasted, by a local mom & pop bakery (Old Town Bakery) that makes some of the best bread anywhere here in SoCal. Slap a small amount of butter on that, and it was delicious. ;)

Had dinner from a local food truck in nearby Glendale, hosted by local icons Paperback Brewing. To top of a great meal, they had caramel and cream filled churros. Oh my goodness!

A pear, but before that a slice of Tres Leches cake.

FYI, ICYDK, "A tres leches cake, also known as pan tres leches, is a sponge cake—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream."

Dude, I live in South Florida, tres leches is a staple. Just don't eat it after drinking heavily, seriously, no Bueno.
I have no idea what folks know about cakes like that so I thought I'd better post an explanation. But good to know about it and drinking. 😁

Tonight was the leftover stuffed chicken breast from the other night. With mixed vegetables. This was the breast stuffed with chiles and jalapeno spiced jack cheese. So good.

Made my wife some bacon (the last two slices) and avocado toast on sourdough with an olive oil drizzle and a generous sprinkling of Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend. Why am I telling you that? Because I had the same avocado toast myself just now. Avocado toast just tastes better when it's on sourdough bread.

Back