• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Make sure your street's drainages are nice 'n clear. At our previous place, it was always covered in pine needles and leaves.

Last edited:
And I’ll be keeping an eye in our golf courses. we are the watershed for Crabtree creek and if the tunnel under Morrisville parkway gets blocked with debris the courses will be a lake and several houses will be flooded.

I think the Triangle dodged a bullet, relatively speaking. Debby moved farther west than originally anticipated. But there was at least 1 potential tornado around Wilson and the National Weather Service has been tweeting more or less continuous warnings for the I-95 corridor.

Yeah, that blast of hot air from the west broke the storm up before it could do too much damage. Mercifully, because the bands that have gotten here are packing a LOT of water.

Just a really rainy 18 hours here in Holly Springs. It was a very steady soaking rain, but we didn't see torrential downpours where I am like we have from multiple thunderstorms this season. Very little wind either. The sun is out as I type this.

Just a really rainy 18 hours here in Holly Springs. It was a very steady soaking rain, but we didn't see torrential downpours where I am like we have from multiple thunderstorms this season. Very little wind either. The sun is out as I type this.
In Northwest Wake, we’re seeing the heaviest rain of the day right now. The tornado watch for Wake County and East has been extended until 7 pm.

Basement wet, but only slightly flooded. Can't complain about that - especially with the damage done to so many other areas.

Open stormwater ditch in the backyard is at capacity at the top of its banks after that last band, but it draws down about a foot an hour if everything else in the chain is flowing. So far, so good.

Open stormwater ditch in the backyard is at capacity at the top of its banks after that last band, but it draws down about a foot an hour if everything else in the chain is flowing. So far, so good.
The ditch in front of my house is lined with rocks, so it looked like Roaring Rapids earlier. But its not bad now, the rain really tapered off in the last 2 hours and the sky is lightening up.

Yeah, unless this thing re-charges and those trailing bands pick up some water it looks like wind is probably going to be our biggest issue for the rest of today.

Pretty calm downtown now.

I had my firm faith that people are fucking stupid idiots re-confirmed while driving to Cameron Village in the rain earlier. Bunches of retards driving around in the pouring rain with no damned headlights on. I especially love the dimwits doing so in gray cars that sort of blend into the whole rain vibe.

Morons.

Last edited:
The wetness has ensued. Everybody good, or have we broken out the john boats?

My neighborhood in Fayetteville is flooded and I’ve had to use my truck to pull out all the dumb folks that think a Honda civic can either 1) Power its way through 4 feet of water or 2) float. ***spolier alert, it can do neither.

And we have some pine trees down on the fence in the back yard

I love the "my truck can do anything" guys that inevitably learn lessons in this kind of storm. There's a backed up curb inlet on my street and some clown with a lifted Ford just hydroplaned himself into a stop sign like a moron ... thanks to like 8" of water ... while I was walking the dog.

I love the "my truck can do anything" guys that inevitably learn lessons in this kind of storm. There's a backed up curb inlet on my street and some clown with a lifted Ford just hydroplaned himself into a stop sign like a moron ... thanks to like 8" of water ... while I was walking the dog.

Luckily my instincts to survive are bigger than my truck. I do help out my wife’s co-workers (nurses) who need help getting to work. Usually during winter weather but I also help during storms. Several of them live in a subdivision where the dam breaks every-single-time and washes away their road. I try to be helpful but I’m smart enough not to get myself in trouble

A few months after Fran came through, I was talking with the lady who cleaned our office, her brother, and her son and we were discussing Fran. I noted that I saw the top of an RX-7 sticking out of the water on Atlantic Ave. just north of Crabtree Creek. I noticed the son drop his head and say "Yeah, that was me." It was a good thing Mary was there, because I didn't use any colorful language about the situation.

Yeah, looks like we're done with Debby aside from maybe another stray band. What a weird storm system that turned out to be. RDU station shows a little more than 4.5 inches total, but spread out over three days. That front from the west really blew the thing up and probably saved us from much more serious trouble.

Almost double that just down the road in Apex.. 8.61" and counting during this morning's activity. Basement wall seeping on a hairline crack that until this point was pretty dry; gonna have to get the concrete crack injection guys out here again.

Almost double that just down the road in Apex.. 8.61" and counting during this morning's activity. Basement wall seeping on a hairline crack that until this point was pretty dry; gonna have to get the concrete crack injection guys out here again.
On the map I saw last night, it looked like SW Wake got about double with NW Wake had. Very odd.

Back