• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Yeah ... that poor kid never had a chance. Now it's Andy Dalton to the ... not "rescue" surely. The best he can manage at this stage is boring.

All those draft picks we traded to get him sure would have helped build a good offensive line. This isn't Mike Ditka - Ricky Williams bad, but it sure isn't good.

Oh, and the Bears are on track to screw up Caleb Williams just as badly.
I'm honestly not so sure about that, as Williams obviously has NFL-level game. He's just stuck with the Bears coaching staff. I think the issue there is that a lot of people seemed convinced he was going to be really good straight out of the gate, and that assumes a LOT.

Another high profile departure from ESPN, this one is voluntary. NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski is leaving to become general manager of the men’s basketball team at St. Bonaventure University. He’ll oversee NIL allocation and recruiting.

After a long period of irrelevance, the Bonnies made the NCAA Tournament twice in the last 5 years. Prior to 2018, their last appearance was 2000 and prior to that it was 1978. Still seems like an odd move, like he couldn’t find something more high profile than a mid-pack team in the Atlantic 10?

I didn't realize that Woj was in his mid-50s. Basically taking a retirement gig
He’s 55. He said his first byline was 37 years ago, but that was when he was in high school, so it makes sense.

As for why St. Bon’s, he’s an alum and received an honorary doctorate in 2022.

Another high profile departure from ESPN, this one is voluntary. NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski is leaving to become general manager of the men’s basketball team at St. Bonaventure University. He’ll oversee NIL allocation and recruiting.

After a long period of irrelevance, the Bonnies made the NCAA Tournament twice in the last 5 years. Prior to 2018, their last appearance was 2000 and prior to that it was 1978. Still seems like an odd move, like he couldn’t find something more high profile than a mid-pack team in the Atlantic 10?
We used to pass that place a couple times a year heading to and from Ft. Wayne from Corning. I can close my eyes and see the entry from the highway, circa 1972.

Yeah, it's Week 2 ... early days. Maybe they've fixed their offense, maybe not. Time will tell, but that Panthers defense is historically bad and Dallas had one of their typically dysfunctional off seasons. Maybe give it another test or two before you get comfortable.

Both local State U's decide to not play foosball this week
Wait until basketball season?
Neither is really a football school. Look at their rosters. They pretty much beat the cupcakes and lose to who they're expected to.

I've watched all the football I need to for the most part. I'm ready for hockey season.

Back