• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

So much for their morning show. With far less people commuting to the office during that once prime 6-10am slot, I wonder just how lucrative that time slot is now?
Not profitable at all for a big budget national show, apparently. ESPN has been slowly backing away from that for pushing a decade now.

Worth noting that after reviewing the entire list of firings at ESPN, other than Van Gundy (who is an OK but not great color guy), it's pretty hard to find any justification for why any of those people were getting paid to be on air in the first place. I know I'm not their mainstream audience but it seems like they completely lost the entire demographic of the audience who want something other than shouted, nonsensical arguments and puffed up posturing. I mean, look ... be what you want to be and all, but ESPN lost the plot on anything other than actually airing a game a long, long time ago.

Not profitable at all for a big budget national show, apparently. ESPN has been slowly backing away from that for pushing a decade now.

Worth noting that after reviewing the entire list of firings at ESPN, other than Van Gundy (who is an OK but not great color guy), it's pretty hard to find any justification for why any of those people were getting paid to be on air in the first place. I know I'm not their mainstream audience but it seems like they completely lost the entire demographic of the audience who want something other than shouted, nonsensical arguments and puffed up posturing. I mean, look ... be what you want to be and all, but ESPN lost the plot on anything other than actually airing a game a long, long time ago.
They wiped out most of the Monday Night Countdown. Kolber the host and 2 analysts in Matt Hasselback and Steve Young.

They wiped out most of the Monday Night Countdown. Kolber the host and 2 analysts in Matt Hasselback and Steve Young.
I watched that show twice ... that's all it deserved. It was both boring and uninformative, which is a swing and a miss even by ESPN's terrible standards. They generally at least get to entertaining but uninformative status.

I respectfully disagree. Van Gundy is outstanding.
That's fine. I did note he's the only person they let go that I'm 90% sure will have a job whenever he wants one. It's not a field overwhelmed with quality options, that's for sure.

BTW, I'm still not able to get on this website while on my new Google mesh network. Any other network? No problems

i can't get on the site from my phone... cleared browser cache, etc...., no difference.. Good from laptop though. Same wi-fi access for both

Settings WiFi where the router is described.
use configure dns.
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are google dns servers

We're getting old. The only movies we've seen in a cinema over the last 15-20 years have all been at the Rialto. So it was a bit of a surprise when we went to see Asteroid City on Sunday at the Regal in North Hills and (a) bought our tickets at the refreshments counter because no one was at the box office, which looked like it was self-service anyway, then (b) after watching ads for 5 minutes after the indicated start time, went back to the refreshments stand to ask how long we had to put up with that, and they said another 20 minutes or so. The screening for an 11:15 movie actually started at 11:43. We went for a walk in between.

The seats were nice, at least. But we can't wait for the Rialto to open back up.

Back