• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

It certainly makes spring easier to navigate, for sure
Meh… we’ve been on the right side of enough of these that I’m pretty equivocal about it. Mostly I just feel bad for RJ. He carried the team all year and to have his shot abandon him kinda sucked.

Good luck to the Pack though. I love watching DJB Jr. Great hands and vision.

State and Duke ensure the recently much maligned ACC a spot in the Final Four with solid wins in Dallas. This thing with the bracket pundits and the ACC remains increasingly weird. USA Today's Dan Wolken basically live Tweeted the State/Marquette game like he was a Marquette beat writer, which is bonkers for a staff writer on a national publication. It's all starting to feel either unhinged or sleezy. Honestly not sure which.

State and Duke ensure the recently much maligned ACC a spot in the Final Four with solid wins in Dallas. This thing with the bracket pundits and the ACC remains increasingly weird. USA Today's Dan Wolken basically live Tweeted the State/Marquette game like he was a Marquette beat writer, which is bonkers for a staff writer on a national publication. It's all starting to feel either unhinged or sleezy. Honestly not sure which.

People just can’t admit when they are wrong. State has gotten on a roll at the right time. Same with Clemson. It’s not like they were great the whole year (and they weren’t awful either), but they got it together at the right time which is the recipe for a deep run. You should here these clowns in there press room before the games it’s hilarious.

Yeah, I've been around enough of the old timer crew to know the drill. The arrogance in the deeper side of the sports writing pool has never been questioned. But this ... it feels different. More personal.

Yeah, I've been around enough of the old timer crew to know the drill. The arrogance in the deeper side of the sports writing pool has never been questioned. But this ... it feels different. More personal.

Well at least I have a break until football season kicks off. Spring game is the last thing I shoot, other than a couple of high school recruiting events this summer. Been non-stop with football and basketball since October

Definitely a run for the ages. From uninspired regular season closeout to improbable ACC tourney run where an ACC tourney championship win was the only way to make the NCAA tourney to the Final Four? They are going to be talking about his team and this run for quite a while.

That said, I would rather not have to have my UCONN Huskies and NC State Wolfpack match up on either the Men's or Women's sides. My kids and I would have to be on opposites ends of that.

Definitely a run for the ages. From uninspired regular season closeout to improbable ACC tourney run where an ACC tourney championship win was the only way to make the NCAA tourney to the Final Four? They are going to be talking about his team and this run for quite a while.

That said, I would rather not have to have my UCONN Huskies and NC State Wolfpack match up on either the Men's or Women's sides. My kids and I would have to be on opposites ends of that.
I'd love a State/UConn final if for no other reason that it would be more about basketball and less about personalities (Caitlin Clark, God love her but she's had enough ink in a month for 4 seasons) and nonsense (LSU's and South Carolina's general vibe). Plus, two schools with both men and women in the Final Four would be cool.

I suspect that State's guys have run into the kind of matchup issue in Purdue that they've largely avoided on their run. Still, play it out and let's see.

The battles in the paint between DJ Burns and Zach Edey might tilt the Earth off its axis.

The battles in the paint between DJ Burns and Zach Edey might tilt the Earth off its axis.
It'll be interesting to see how the whistles go in a game featuring two players that the refs have struggled to call fairly for their entire careers. It they let contact go, the literal earth might move. If they do the normal NCAA ref thing and play for the spotlight themselves, we could see them combine for about 20 minutes of court time. I know which way I'd bet if I was a betting man.

I would like to take credit for this but I stole it from Twitter.

The University of Tennessee has fired women’s basketball coach Kellie Harper. They lost to NC State in the 2nd round of the tournament. That’s the 2nd time the NC State women’s basketball team has gotten Kellie Harper fired. IYKYK

Back