• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 STANLEY CUP FINALS! HABS/BOLTS | MONDAY JUNE 28 | 8pm

I just don't see us winning there without playing a perfect defensive game. And cooper isn't an idiot like Keefe he'll take advantage of the last change. When we're chasing the puck, Cole isn't an asset. I expect we'll do quite a bit of that.
Anyway . . .

Here’s my take on the matchup ahead. Looking at the rosters and having watched a lot of Tampa games this playoff, this is what I see:

Tampa has better forwards; more star power and depth

Tampa’s top 4 D is better than ours; more talent while being just as playoff/physical as ours

Habs PK has been perfect but Tampa’s is fine (2nd after the Habs) and their power play is record settting. So, I give the specialty team nod to Tampa

One position left: Goaltending. Price has been great. But so has Vasilevski. No real edge there.

So when I crunch the numbers and weigh the odds, I have only one prediction: Habs in six.

The Islanders wanted it more — the Bolts won last year and slightly less hungry for it.

The Islanders wanted it more — the Bolts won last year and slightly less hungry for it.
Yeah but TBay players also know there will be wholesale changes next season - Johnson likely gets shipped out to his hometown Kraken, Coleman, Goodrow and Savard are all UFA and unlikely to be back. Kilorn who was almost dealt to Preds prior to Kucherov’s surgery needs will likely be shipped out like TJ for cap reasons.

Crazy how only Canadian teams are on COVID protocol and US teams are fully open and nothing ever happens…do they even test US teams (just kidding, of course they do, i think)

Besides, Armia already caught Covid….

Why is there such a defeatist mindset amongst the fanbase? Glad the actual players on the team look to be on a mission
This is the first time I 100% believe we have no business winning this series. Other series I thought we were not winning, but wasn't overly convinced. Our D showed signs of fatigue near the end of the Vegas series, I think they are on the brink of collapse. Richardson has to be creative to keep them fresh. No offense whatsoever from Petry is concerning.

A good handful of breaks have to happen to win this. Their goalie is mediocre, injuries to key players etc...

Back