• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Not pulling for Dallas, but I thought they were the better team. Kind of surprised they went 7 games to settle the series.

Jim
Depth. Seattle may not have a proper first line yet, but they pack 4 lines of decent quality out there and put big pressure on your whole lineup. When they get goaltending and/or scoring, they've always been a handful.

Now that’s a home schedule set of dates for the ages! Kinda makes me want to tailgate in celebration. A Thursday, a Saturday and a Friday leading into a Holiday weekend! 🍻🥅🚨
Yeah, it's not like the ticket sales need a boost but having a run of weekend or weekend adjacent playoffs games is particularly good for the Canes. The more tailgating the better ... and talk the TV schlubs into coming along. Let's get King Henrik out of his stupid studio in Atlanta and into the East lots.

Yeah, it's not like the ticket sales need a boost but having a run of weekend or weekend adjacent playoffs games is particularly good for the Canes. The more tailgating the better ... and talk the TV schlubs into coming along. Let's get King Henrik out of his stupid studio in Atlanta and into the East lots.
I have a picture of a Jeremy Roenick crashing our tailgate in the 2019 Boston series. As long as TNT sends Hank or Ace and not Biz, I’m OK. And I’m sure they’d want to see my friend‘s Stanley Cup, now with a beer tap!

I have a picture of a Jeremy Roenick crashing our tailgate in the 2019 Boston series. As long as TNT sends Hank or Ace and not Biz, I’m OK. And I’m sure they’d want to see my friend‘s Stanley Cup, now with a beer tap!
You know they'd send Biz tho ... same reason NBC sent Roenick. That's the clown's job.

Tripp tried to grill an Octupus on one of our tailgate grills back in 2002 during the Finals...safe to say that grill was never the same after that mess...oh so many sweet memories!!!

On the subject of brushes with Famous Hockey People, while I was waiting to meet someone for a business lunch at Stir in North Hills this afternon, I had the opportunity to shake Jesperi Kotkaniemi's hand and wish him good lock with the series!

Jesperi.jpg

Same here, if I ever went into the office :D :D

Don't think we ever ate at Stir though... CO and Cowfish next to it once in a while though. TBH I could eat at Chuy's at NH every day.. probably a good thing I don't go in anymore.

Same here, if I ever went into the office :D :D

Don't think we ever ate at Stir though... CO and Cowfish next to it once in a while though. TBH I could eat at Chuy's at NH every day.. probably a good thing I don't go in anymore.
We’ve been to Las Ramblas twice. Also really like Rosewater. Never been to Stir, my wife heard the drinks were good but the food was meh. She won’t go to Cowfish. She’s dubious that a place can do sushi and burgers well.

If I don't bring my lunch, I just grab a sandwich or slice of meh pizza from the Harris Teeter over there. It's about all I can afford to eat in NH. If I go in on a payday, I'll splurge and hit Chuy's

We’ve been to Las Ramblas twice. Also really like Rosewater. Never been to Stir, my wife heard the drinks were good but the food was meh. She won’t go to Cowfish. She’s dubious that a place can do sushi and burgers well.
Big Rosewater fan here. Stir is fine...food is decent, drinks are good, and people-watching is fun.

I haven't eaten at Cowfish since I gave up red meat, but we always liked it. The burgers were solid and the wife approved of the sushi. I recommend the one in Orlando to clients a lot and never get complaints ... about anything other slow service, which is sadly a consistent feature of all CityWalk restaurants.

Back