• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

It is in the State Charter that if you get elected Gov. of Connecticut you are somehow obligated to try to get the Whalers back to Hartford?

They got that new stadium, didn't they? Wait... nope. The WNBA Sun play in am arena not suitable for hockey, and the Whalers' old home was in need of renovation back then, never mind over 25 years later.

They got that new stadium, didn't they? Wait... nope. The WNBA Sun play in am arena not suitable for hockey, and the Whalers' old home was in need of renovation back then, never mind over 25 years later.
They got a new stadium. For UConn football, on the site they were trying to convince the Patriots to move to. Hockey rink? Not so much.

Going back to what JB said about a franchise in Quebec. What does a team in Hartford do to grow the TV market for the NHL? Essentially nothing.

They got a new stadium. For UConn football, on the site they were trying to convince the Patriots to move to. Hockey rink? Not so much.
Ah, yes... those were the days of Chris Berman replacing the Pats logo with the Whalers logo on espn... before the goat saved the franchise.

Going back to what JB said about a franchise in Quebec. What does a team in Hartford do to grow the TV market for the NHL? Essentially nothing.
Yeah, a team in Hartford would hurt Boston's market share without adding any additional value. And because a team based in Hartford would get less revenue for the same advertising, it would potentially be a net loss in hockey related revenue if you measure the league as a whole ... which the CBA sort of requires. There's zero point even discussing Hartford as a possible NHL market anyway, so I won't belabor the point.

The IIHF has suspended Red Wings and Canada forward Joe Veleno 5 games for stomping on Nino Neiderreiter’s foot. His tournament is over and, if Canada doesn’t advance, carries over to other IIHF tournamants.

Darren Dreger tweeted that Craig Conroy will be named GM of the Flames. He’s been an assistant GM since 2014.

Elliotte Friedman says the Penguins are expected to ask for permission to speak with Kyle Dubas.

The IIHF has suspended Red Wings and Canada forward Joe Veleno 5 games for stomping on Nino Neiderreiter’s foot. His tournament is over and, if Canada doesn’t advance, carries over to other IIHF tournamants.

That is an incredibly dirty and dangerous play by Joe Veleno. Absolutely sickening. Glad Nino didn't appear to be injured.

Yeah, I saw those clips of Veleno yesterday. Can anybody tell me what in the Sam Hill that guy is thinks he's doing out there? Holy crap man, it's the freaking Swiss.

I kinda want Hartford to get a team since they couldn't be the Whalers; that's be kind of hilarious. I guess rights could be sold off so they could be the Whale again, but that might cost as much as the team given how popular Whaler's stuff is. :p

For those of you folks who enjoy a little Chipotle in your diet...they have hockey jersey day tomorrow where if you wear a hockey jersey into any Chipotle location it's BOGO entrees after 3pm. Up to five BOGO offers for the big families and big appetites!!!

See what happens....
Frustration boiled over and Dallas' Jamie Benn cross checked Mark Stone (VGK) when he was down, which earned Benn 5 minutes in the box and an ejection out of the game. Not sure what Benn was thinking, because he sure did hit the eject button fast on this game...But Benn gonna Benn.

Beat me to it..

Back