• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Fair ... although he was less of a dipstick than a couple of other guys on his row ... who couldn't shut up about the Carolina Panthers of all the stupid things to spend 2 hours blathering about. I hate holiday games.
Sat ahead of some Pens fans 6-8 years ago who had the decent sense to talk about the next day's dinner.
I did not feel compelled to belt then across the chops.

Stars sign Roope Hintz to a 8 year/$67.6 million extension. He’s in the last year of a 3 year/$9.45 million bridge deal signed in November 2020.

Svech was 8 years x $62 million...something seems off when you compare those two players for me...the Stars perhaps gave him far too much Roope???
Hintz is already an elite defensive forward and has grown into a point a game producer on the other end. I think it's a bit of an over-pay compared to Svech, but not as much as it seems in its face.

Did anyone stay up to watch the defense-optional Kraken - Kings game? I didn’t but I saw some stuff on Twitter before I went to bed and then it was all over hockey Twitter this morning. Kraken won in OT 9-8. The teams combined for 8 goals in the 2nd. The Kraken extended their winning streak to 6 games and are 4th overall in points %.

Did anyone stay up to watch the defense-optional Kraken - Kings game? I didn’t but I saw some stuff on Twitter before I went to bed and then it was all over hockey Twitter this morning. Kraken won in OT 9-8. The teams combined for 8 goals in the 2nd. The Kraken extended their winning streak to 6 games and are 4th overall in points %.
Burakovsky tearing up the league with almost 20 goals already to boot for the Kraken. Johnny Sideburns lungs must have got a good workout in last night.

Martin Jones played that entire game for the Kraken...allowed 8 goals on 35 shots, and WON.

I don't quite know as a coach how you even talk about that game. The Kings battled back from 2 goals down in the 3rd to get a point, is that somehow a victory when you allowed NINE goals?

Martin Jones played that entire game for the Kraken...allowed 8 goals on 35 shots, and WON.

I don't quite know as a coach how you even talk about that game. The Kings battled back from 2 goals down in the 3rd to get a point, is that somehow a victory when you allowed NINE goals?
Burn the tape ... move on. Both sides. Nothing to learn from that mess.

Jack Edwards being Jack Edwards for 39 seconds. Andy Brickley joins the fun too.

Serious question ... is he drunk? Because I've heard Edwards' rambling idiocy for years and that sounded particularly slurred and slow.

Sounds like he's going after the Harry Caray style of announcing. The problem is, Harry Caray was a lovable drunk announcer and Jack Edwards? He ain't that.

I was stuck with the NESN broadcast when the Canes played Boston and thought he was terrible. A lot of dead air, incomplete sentences, and just overall incompetent coverage. I do remember him with ESPN and he wasn’t that bad. He’s definitely hasn’t aged well.

Dude is only in his mid-60s, which is still middle aged for an established NHL PxP guy. He sounds older ... a lot older.

Back