• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

What I want? A lethal PP. Take a penalty? You pay with a special teams goal. That’ll help regulate play. However, taking about reffing and blown calls really sucks. It takes up too much space in heads when you really need to control what you can control and reffing is not ever on that list.

Saw this on Twitter earlier tonight. If the Devils lose, Erik Haula will have lost in the first round 4 consecutive years with 4 different teams…Florida, Nashville, Boston and New Jersey. Can anyone think of anyone else that suffered the same fate p? And it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

I recall back in the ECHL Raleigh Icecaps days Mark Roberts was an announcer at Dorton Arena. During the present Hurricanes games I notice that distinctive voice, usually after a major play, sounds like Mark. Does anyone know if Mark does the recordings for the Hurricanes?

Saw this on Twitter earlier tonight. If the Devils lose, Erik Haula will have lost in the first round 4 consecutive years with 4 different teams…Florida, Nashville, Boston and New Jersey. Can anyone think of anyone else that suffered the same fate p? And it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
There’s a reason he has scored goals for 6 teams in the playoffs and it’s not good. Nobody wants to keep him. He’s the anti-Fast.

I recall back in the ECHL Raleigh Icecaps days Mark Roberts was an announcer at Dorton Arena. During the present Hurricanes games I notice that distinctive voice, usually after a major play, sounds like Mark. Does anyone know if Mark does the recordings for the Hurricanes?
Are you talking about on the broadcasts or in the building? Mark was actually the PA guy for the Canes back in the first season in Greensboro.

Today, I don't believe he has any connection to the team. He runs his own business and does mostly TV commercial work, most notably as the spokesperson for the Capitol Auto Group. (Mark also hosts the Brain Game on WRAL-TV.)

Mark doesn't work for the Canes any more, but Wade Minter the current PA guy does sometimes sound a bit like him. As Kurtzie said, he's got a production company and does local/regional ads for private companies like Capital Ford. Good dude. I had a fun time hanging around with him during the interminable lines to get into Carter Finley for the outdoor game.

Are you talking about on the broadcasts or in the building? Mark was actually the PA guy for the Canes back in the first season in Greensboro.

Today, I don't believe he has any connection to the team. He runs his own business and does mostly TV commercial work, most notably as the spokesperson for the Capitol Auto Group. (Mark also hosts the Brain Game on WRAL-TV.)
I notice it most after a big play. His distinctive voice drug out on “ poooowwer pllaaay”. Sounds like it’s recorded and the P.A. System puts it together for whatever the play is. Sounds to much like Marks voice on car commercials.
Mark doesn't work for the Canes any more, but Wade Minter the current PA guy does sometimes sound a bit like him. As Kurtzie said, he's got a production company and does local/regional ads for private companies like Capital Ford. Good dude. I had a fun time hanging around with him during the interminable lines to get into Carter Finley for the outdoor game.
ok, thanks.

I notice it most after a big play. His distinctive voice drug out on “ poooowwer pllaaay”. Sounds like it’s recorded and the P.A. System puts it together for whatever the play is. Sounds to much like Marks voice on car commercials.

ok, thanks.
No…that is Wade Minter. To be honest, I don’t hear any similarities between Mark and Wade’s voices. Mark’s voice has a significantly more nasal tone.

I’m watching the laffs, lightning game.
one thing that would make these hames much more watchable is a larger ice surface, like Olympic size.
yeah, I know the owners would never approve as it would cut our many expensive seats.

No…that is Wade Minter. To be honest, I don’t hear any similarities between Mark and Wade’s voices. Mark’s voice has a significantly more nasal tone.
Wade Minter is the King of arena PAs. He used to be "Mr. Voice" at ComedySportz and is an all-around good guy. I remember he got the PNC job after they hired a former radio announcer who COMPLETELY botch Alex Ovechkin's name. Wade started the next game and we've never looked back.

Bruins beat the Panthers 6-2 to go up 3-1 in the series. The refs did a bit of cleanup with just under 3 minutes to play, handing out 2 fighting majors and 4 misconducts including Bruins goalie Linus Ullmark, who dropped the gloves and was ready to go with Matthew Tkachuk.

Back