• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

We've entered a new dimension in the RBA era - after suffering our 5th loss in a row and 21 games into the season, we have lost more games than we have won.

Andersen was on the ice before practice with goalie coach Paul Schonfelder. Patches was on the ice with Justin Williams and Defenseman Development coach Peter Harrold. Both left before the full group came on. Turbo practiced with the full group in a yellow jersey, so he could possibly join the team in the trip.

Andersen was on the ice before practice with goalie coach Paul Schonfelder. Patches was on the ice with Justin Williams and Defenseman Development coach Peter Harrold. Both left before the full group came on. Turbo practiced with the full group in a yellow jersey, so he could possibly join the team in the trip.
I saw somewhere that Pacioretty was originally scheduled for about a month of conditioning once he could begin skating again. That would put him on the practice ice around Christmas, barring any setbacks. He had a new-ish kind of tendon surgery, so the recovery schedule is likely more put down in pencil than pen.

BTW ... the Canes managed to be on the good side of the playoff cut line at the end of American Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure that will be as cut and dried in the East as it generally has been though. NYR and Florida are both on the outside looking in and I feel like they both have plenty of runway.

Turbo is going on the trip with the team. No word on if he’s going to play, but RBA ”hopes” he can. Even though it’s 6 road games, it could be 3 separate trips, but more likely it’s 2. There is the trip that starts tomorrow in Pittsburgh, then to St. Louis and SoCal. They have 3 days between Anaheim and the Islanders, they’ll probably come home after that one, stay home for 2 days before heading to New York on Friday after practice. They’d probably head to Detroit directly from New York instead of coming home.

Andersen working out before practice today on the ice; I wouldn't say he's close then, but it looks like progress is being made.

Andersen working out before practice today on the ice; I wouldn't say he's close then, but it looks like progress is being made.
If he's not traveling, then that gives him until December 15th before it matters. Hopefully he's got a shot at returning by then if he's working out on the ice now.

A couple of things, one from Walt Ruff and the other from Cory Lavallette today:

Teravainen was activated from IR. His status for tomorrow is still unknown.

Raanta experienced some cramping during warmups, according to Waddell, and it got worse as the game went on. So those of us who saw some discomfort on the Krug goal weren’t imagining things.

I see the Triangle Biz Journal has started their annual "smear Dundon" campaign. Claiming he is moving the team if he doesn't get taxpayers dollars. Honestly, I'd fire whoever wrote and published that article. The song and dance is getting beyond old. But if NC wants to play hardball, we've seen enough from Dundon to know that hea not going to beg.

I see the Triangle Biz Journal has started their annual "smear Dundon" campaign. Claiming he is moving the team if he doesn't get taxpayers dollars. Honestly, I'd fire whoever wrote and published that article. The song and dance is getting beyond old. But if NC wants to play hardball, we've seen enough from Dundon to know that hea not going to beg.
It’s behind their paywall now, but I read it when it was free. It was a hit job, written by the Editor in Chief. He kept referring to “taxpayer dollars” without disclosing the source of the funds or the legislative restrictions placed on using them, I guess to rile up the mob and make people think the funding was coming from county general tax revenue.

You can set your clock by either Souguta Mukherjee or Dane Huffman at TBJ taking a wild swing at Dundon. They do it every 6 months or so, whether anything supports their veiled accusations and the timing or not. It's puzzling, because Dundon's tenure has owner has been quite local business impact forward, which is what TBJ supposedly supports editorially. It's pretty clear that those two individuals have let a personal dislike for Dundon drive their professional output and that's frankly embarrassing.

Wasn’t Dane Huffman a sports editor at the N&O a long time ago?
Yeah ... and he got the axe because he couldn't be objective about one of the home market teams because he had some sort of personal problem with their sports information director. You can bet the farm this is just history repeating itself.

Dylan Coghlan was sent to Chicago on a conditioning assignment. He can stay for 14 days and the Wolves play 6 games in the next 2 weeks. He hasn’t played since November 9.

Back