• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Dylan Coghlan was sent to Chicago on a conditioning assignment. He can stay for 14 days and the Wolves play 6 games in the next 2 weeks. He hasn’t played since November 9.

I guess with Turbo coming back, they've got a spare player even without Coghlan. The guy needs to play and Chicago can use the help. Shame he'd have to clear waivers or else they could park him there for a longer stretch.

Patches and Ondrej Kase on the ice with Williams before practice today.
Waddell let slip a little bit about Pacioretty's rehab in recent interviews. Seems he's still on a "couple days on ice followed by a day off" kind of schedule, which jives with when he's been reported to be working on ice in public. The general feeling is that he'll be ready sometime before the All Star break ... MAYBE mid to late January.

*jibes

(Sorry for the pedantry, just a word pet peeve of mine. It's up there with "loose" when someone means "lose." And don't get me started on people putting the $ *after* the amount.)

Dom Luszc-whatever from The Athletic had a few Canes notes in his 16 Stats column this week. Basically, if you want me to back up my feelings about their lack of depth scoring and general offensive production/luck this season ... you can just read about it there. Here's a couple of snippets:

"Interestingly, the Panthers aren’t even the most unlucky contender at the moment. That would be Carolina who has nearly the same expected goal differential as Boston (plus-24 compared to Boston’s plus-25), but a chasm in actual results (plus-2 compared to plus-43). Thank God for sequencing luck, which is giving Carolina a record much better than it currently deserves."

"This year, the problem is all on the offensive side though where the team is minus-13 in goals scored above expected at five-on-five and minus-10 on the power play. This time around, it’s not the team’s top guys where there’s some concern, it’s the team’s depth."

He goes on to note that Carolina's top three scoring forwards (Svech, Aho, Necas) are carrying a wildly disproportionate amount of the load, and are producing higher than the stats predict. Meanwhile the entire rest of the roster is combining to score nearly 30 goals less than expected based on quality of opportunities. Bottom line ... frustration.

*jibes

(Sorry for the pedantry, just a word pet peeve of mine. It's up there with "loose" when someone means "lose." And don't get me started on people putting the $ *after* the amount.)
Yeah, those two keys are next to each other on the qwerty keyboard, which accounts for good chunk of that. I owe you 1$ for the miss

*jibes

What about people confusing plural with possessive and dropping an apostrophe everywhere? Or spelling out the contractions should’ve, etc. to “should of”.

Aho didn’t practice today, he’s dealing with a lower body issue. RBA says if he doesn’t practice tomorrow, he’s not playing on Saturday.

Andersen practiced but he’s not close to getting back in the lineup.

What about people confusing plural with possessive and dropping an apostrophe everywhere? Or spelling out the contractions should’ve, etc. to “should of”.
My biggest one is from work. When my manager calls it the ‘physical’ year instead of fiscal year 🙄

Max Lajoie was recalled from Chicago. With Coghlan on a conditioning assignment and 2 games on the road, it makes sense to have a spare if necessary. If Aho doesn‘t practice tomorrow, they may call up a forward too, they’d only have 12 healthy forwards.

Aho is not on the ice for practice, so he’s out tomorrow. Stastny is centering Jarvis and Necas. Lajoie is skating with the team and Andersen is back out too.

Per Walt Ruff these are the PP alignments with Aho out.

PP1: Necas, Noesen, Svechnikov, Teravainen with Burns

PP2: Kotkaniemi, Jarvis, Stastny with Pesce and Skjei

Back