• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

They'll have IceCaps gear for sale for the game. I'm betting that they'll have this jersey for sale as well.

Aho, Fast and Andersen not practicing, so maybe 11/7 again tomorrow? Wolves play on Thursday, it’s an easy trip from Chicago to Detroit.

Aho, Fast and Andersen not practicing, so maybe 11/7 again tomorrow? Wolves play on Thursday, it’s an easy trip from Chicago to Detroit.
Ponomarov seems to be going fairly well for the Wolves (although he looks like the only one). Would it kill them to give the kid a couple of games so the Canes don't have to dress a 7th D? I don't get the reluctance.

11 out of a possible 12 points on an extended road trip. Incredible. Let's hope that the embarrassing loss to Arizona at home represents the nadir for the season.

So what happens in January after Freddie finishes up an inevitable conditioning stint for Chicago and is ready to play? Is Raanta tradable? Can you risk trading Raanta with fragile Freddie? Do we keep 3 goalies on the NHL roster?

Or do we send Kochetkov back to the minors? He is 7-1-4 2.02 and .926

So what happens in January after Freddie finishes up an inevitable conditioning stint for Chicago and is ready to play? Is Raanta tradable? Can you risk trading Raanta with fragile Freddie? Do we keep 3 goalies on the NHL roster?

Can we afford 3 goalies with Pacioretty coming back in mid-January? Can they put Kase on LTIR?

With just Gardiner on LTIR we can afford all 3 goalies after Lajoie is sent back down. But we would have no cap room for a callup. Kase LTIR would make it possible for us to bring a player up from the minors if/when needed.

That last sentence says it all for me, the kid has earned the crease, the other two have not looked good all season, call it injury prone, call it age, or bad luck but whatever it is, at this point Koochie deserves a spot. It’s a win now league, especially with this team built to win now!

If the Canes decide to keep Kochetkov with the big club, I think you'll see them go with three goalies. No way you risk waiving Rannta to send him down, and no way you risk Sawchenko being your third option. Especially not with Freddie's propensity to get hurt.

Lajoie was sent back to Chicago, so Fast must be good to go.
FWIW, with the most sheltered of usage, Lajoie was very good in that callup. Much better than what he showed last season. That's good to see given the comparative lack of depth on the left side of the D.

Practice at noon today although with a 3 games in 4 days scenario, I expect it to be lightly attended. Maybe Noesen can give the boys some shootout tips.

Practice at noon today although with a 3 games in 4 days scenario, I expect it to be lightly attended. Maybe Noesen can give the boys some shootout tips.
That was a nasty move, for sure. Most guys come out of that slap shot feint and go to the far post, but he waited just long enough to sell it and then ripped it just under the bar. Groobie's glove never even really came up. I had a sweet up close view.

Back