• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I will be attending both ends of the home-and-home, at MSG on Tuesday and PNC on Thursday!
Nice ... I hope it turns out to be a memorable week. Looks like I'm going to have to miss that Thursday game, which is a shame. Games with the Rangers are generally pretty fun ... once you get past being annoyed at Rangers fans.

Really good overview of the Canes moves and non-moves at the deadline, for those with a subscription to The Athletic...

P.S. My Athletic account currently has five free 30-day guest passes to give away...PM me if you're interested in one of them.
Quality work by Corey. People can take issue with Carolina's plan, but they cannot accuse them of not having one ... or not sticking to it. It does sound like they at least stayed in the conversation on guys like Lindholm and Tiffoli, but the Hurricanes have a list of guys they think they can get to fit into the game plan and the group quickly and they stick with their evaluations. It's a whole thing, and it's not that hard to figure out ... but it seems to befuddle some fans and most media.

So wtf does karma mean?
Do we really want to go there? I think not. It wasn’t directed at leaves players or wishing injuries on them.

Added…
As a special treat for you I will 💯 be rooting for the leaves tomorrow night.

Decency requires you to reciprocate on St Patrick’s Day.

Last edited:
Last night, RBA said that pulling Raanta was precautionary. Waddell said this morning that it’s a groin injury and he hopes he’s not lost for any amount of time.

I guess we'll know the true extent of the groin injury by whether the team calls up Pyotr or not. Thank goodness for the cap cushion.

A) much like 1970s roots reggae, all Finns sound the same until you hear a lot of it, then you can pick apart the differences.
B) love the interaction between Jesse (YES-see) and Seabass in the video. That's about as talkative as you'll see Finns get. LOL

I guess we'll know the true extent of the groin injury by whether the team calls up Pyotr or not. Thank goodness for the cap cushion.
No practice or media availability today, so we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Canes can use that cushion if they want to have Kochetkov around for precautionary reasons. If Raanta is legit hurt, even if the Canes didn't have a dime in cap space, they could put Raanta and IR and call up Kochetkov as an emergency callup. You are allowed to call up a player with a cap hit of $850k or less from the minors to cover a roster emergency, even if that puts you over the cap. The Toronto Maple Leafs have mastered this wrinkle in past seasons. But you have to play a game with only 1 NHL healthy goalie to do this.

Anyhow, the Canes don't have to worry about using that emergency exception cap allowance, they have plenty of room.

Chicago has exactly nothing to play for at this point. Whatever Carolina needs in terms of players from here out, I don't think they'll hesitate to make moves.

Gonna be a big squad of Black Aces…
Yeah, they haven't really done that very much since Dundon took over, but you know that Kochetkov, Drury and LaJoie will be here for the playoffs for sure ... and one assumes others could benefit as well.

Back