• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

No QO for Poolparty is a very easy call.

IF this kid wants a chance at salvaging any sort of NHL career his ONLY option now is to sign a 1 year, 2 way contract or a 2 year contract with a 2 way in year 1 and a league minimum one way in year 2.

AKA:

1 Year, $775k NHL/$200k Minors (minimum $250k)

Optional 2nd year at $775k, 1 way.

Or he can just go back home to Finland and be a top 6 forward for Karpat and play out his pro career there. If I recall, a top tier Liiga player can make around $500k USD per season.

I would still give him a year if I'm the Canes, but it has to be a 2 way deal.

No QO for Poolparty is a very easy call.

IF this kid wants a chance at salvaging any sort of NHL career his ONLY option now is to sign a 1 year, 2 way contract or a 2 year contract with a 2 way in year 1 and a league minimum one way in year 2.

AKA:

1 Year, $775k NHL/$200k Minors (minimum $250k)

Optional 2nd year at $775k, 1 way.

Or he can just go back home to Finland and be a top 6 forward for Karpat and play out his pro career there. If I recall, a top tier Liiga player can make around $500k USD per season.

I would still give him a year if I'm the Canes, but it has to be a 2 way deal.
Honestly, he's better off at home. He can be one of the better players in Finland, play International hockey and have a respectable career. At the NHL level the guy just hasn't shown the level of consistent professionalism required. If he does want to give it another go ... yeah. 2 way deal or a cheap one way deal.

Honestly, he's better off at home. He can be one of the better players in Finland, play International hockey and have a respectable career. At the NHL level the guy just hasn't shown the level of consistent professionalism required. If he does want to give it another go ... yeah. 2 way deal or a cheap one way deal.
This! Finland for him seems like a nice life, he likely would enjoy that more without the pressure and criticism. He tried the NHL, it wasn’t meant to be, no great loss.

It’s tough playing golf with a heavy jacket on and snow and ice covering the greens and fairways. Just think, polar bears inhabiting the woods along the fairways, makes exciting golf.

Really interesting interview from Elliotte Friedman with Rod if anyone is interested.. He's getting very passionate about the refs in the end.

Nice piece on Tripp

Open book with his struggles and his honesty in detailing his battle, it takes a lot of humility and strength to be honest with your problems, lots of respect for Tripp! One day at a time brother.

Nice piece on Tripp

That was a great interview. You can feel the emotion in Tripp's responses and his deep appreciation of the Carolina Hurricanes for supporting his path to sobriety.

PSA: Remembering Kurtz's ticket trouble for this 2nd round, just making sure the STM's have seen - the 3rd round STM Presale extra ticket window is tomorrow (Friday 5/12) morning.... mine's at 9am.

I don’t think it’s that. When Puljujarvi didn’t take the body at least twice that I remember on Sunday, that’s not something that can be taught or unlearned in a summer. And how do you approach his contract on July 1? Are you willing to qualify him at $3 million? I’m not.
i'm not saying you give it to him, just that he can't unlearn all his baggage from Edmonton in 8 weeks.

PSA: Remembering Kurtz's ticket trouble for this 2nd round, just making sure the STM's have seen - the 3rd round STM Presale extra ticket window is tomorrow (Friday 5/12) morning.... mine's at 9am.
Not that I am surprised, but I still haven't received the refund yet for the Round 1 Game 4 extras I purchased.

Back