• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I'm going to finally get to the play the game in a work outing in that Morrisville location next week. Can't wait to smash a bunch of sixes and then take everyone's wickets when I'm bowling. LOL. I'm going to be a wreck after five minutes in the field.
WTF did you just say???

I was extremely pessimistic about this teams chances in the post season. I assumed they'd steamroll NYI, but then hit a brick wall against the NYR, not even getting to the Bruins who were going to clobber everyone. Boy did things change. The Isles gave the Canes a handful. Now the Canes look potent again, against the Debils. The East is wide open, unless yo ask a Laffs fan, who assume they're going to be handed the hardware.

I was extremely pessimistic about this teams chances in the post season. I assumed they'd steamroll NYI, but then hit a brick wall against the NYR, not even getting to the Bruins who were going to clobber everyone. Boy did things change. The Isles gave the Canes a handful. Now the Canes look potent again, against the Debils. The East is wide open, unless yo ask a Laffs fan, who assume they're going to be handed the hardware.
I get the impression that deep down, a lot of Leafs fans expect the sky to fall on them any minute now.

I get the impression that deep down, a lot of Leafs fans expect the sky to fall on them any minute now.
Just like we have PTSD from all the years missing the playoffs, I assume many of them have the same affliction from going out in the first round year after year.

Just like we have PTSD from all the years missing the playoffs, I assume many of them have the same affliction from going out in the first round year after year.
Yeah Canes fans are still REALLY shaky about any displays of confidence and it's been 5 years since that was warranted. Leafs fans get a pass from me on expecting the worst. What they don't get a pass on is their unique combination of somehow acting like their team is both fantastic AND doomed. Eff that noise. They try to have it both ways and it just screams obnoxious and toxic. Toxnoxious, if you will. An equal mix of over and under confidence.

Florida is just one season past winning the Presidents Trophy. And they got better this season with Tkachuk?

Florida is just one season past winning the Presidents Trophy. And they got better this season with Tkachuk?
Well, they got different that's for sure. Mo was the bigger issue and it looked to me like it took him until February to figure out that his team has to play with intentional pace even if that means being a little more sloppy with the puck than he'd prefer. Once they eventually got back to barnstorming a bit, they looked a lot more themselves. The issue with them going forward is gonna be Bob. You just don't know what you're getting from that guy.

Great piece from Luke on Burns and his family hosting teammates at their home…it’s on Yahoo, so you don’t have to worry about the N&O’s paywall…

What a fantastic article! Makes one love Burns even more!!

Five turkeys, 4 Tomahawk ribeyes, some elk…that Thanksgiving spread was large enough for us to all get an invite…eating good in the neighborhood!!! 🤣

Back