• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

one day when I get really old and senile, I will pay for that site. Not
LOL, when they sent me a renewal for my newspaper for $325 when I was paying about $85 for the year before I laughed so hard I pissed my pants. Then the India based call center Rep explained that they can offer an online only option for the N&O at a discounted price of $185... 🤣

I fully expect Haula and Hamilton to play like their lives depend on it this series.
It's the playoffs so there's a lot of that going around. It's not like there's some sort of magic that gets sprinkled over a guy who used to play for a team when he meets them in the playoffs or anything, otherwise Carolina wouldn't have lost to NY last year.

BTW, get ready for another round of the statistical models spitting out the Hurricanes as the series favorite immediately followed by 90% of the pundit types picking the Devils. In truth, this thing is too tight for so much opo-consensus, but carry on I guess. Everybody's gotta play their roles, man. It's the playoffs and what would we be without a script?

BTW, get ready for another round of the statistical models spitting out the Hurricanes as the series favorite immediately followed by 90% of the pundit types picking the Devils. In truth, this thing is too tight for so much opo-consensus, but carry on I guess. Everybody's gotta play their roles, man. It's the playoffs and what would we be without a script?
I'll go check heroes season 2. Yep that is a season.

Those very same um, experts, also said that the Kraken and the Panthers were going to have to figure out a way to notches blown out and maybe even win a game. Gave them zero chance. So they’re fools. Funny thing is they still have no idea why/how it happened so no learning was done by them - all they can say is parity.

Ok guys. I know you all love the playoffs and specifically the Canes in the playoffs. But I gotta say I don’t know that I feel the same way. I seriously enjoyed the game sevens other than the NYNJ game because Haula or Fox one had to win.

But the Canes games. I’m nervous, I hate the other team, I hate the players on the other team. I am appalled by the suckage of the officials. I despise the broadcasters. Most of the ads are annoying. and then they drop the puck.

I would maybe enjoy it if we could win 16 zip every game. Yet I’m compelled to watch. I think I need therapy. Why do I do this to myself? I guess it must be all y’all.

Ok guys. I know you all love the playoffs and specifically the Canes in the playoffs. But I gotta say I don’t know that I feel the same way. I seriously enjoyed the game sevens other than the NYNJ game because Haula or Fox one had to win.

But the Canes games. I’m nervous, I hate the other team, I hate the players on the other team. I am appalled by the suckage of the officials. I despise the broadcasters. Most of the ads are annoying. and then they drop the puck.

I would maybe enjoy it if we could win 16 zip every game. Yet I’m compelled to watch. I think I need therapy. Why do I do this to myself? I guess it must be all y’all.
I apologize.

In between rounds is a good time for reflection and soul searching. Glad we could talk. Enjoy the next series … or not.

Baseball therapy is what I recommend. There's just too freaking many games to manage any kind of sustained emotional fever pitch, and even in the playoffs the games take so long that you end up operating at a lower frequency. If you don't have an MLB team, then pick one and watch a few games before dipping you toe back into the NHL waters. If you find yourself getting high blood pressure over a non-divisional MLB game in early May then maybe take a look at actual therapy ... because baseball can't fix everything. Most things, actually :0)

This is why the gods invented Ted Lasso.

Thanks guys! I think I’ll go with baseball therapy. It has a nice ring to it. But that’s gonna have to wait until we exorcise these Devils and pitchfork their spawnish fans back to New Jersey Gehenna with their arrow tipped tails tucked between their scaley legs.

🎶🎵it’s one, two, three, four strikes your out at the old ball game!!!🎵🎶

I like to use cricket therapy, but unfortunately, that's not as available in our summer months since all of the action is taking place in the northern hemisphere. During our winter months, though, there is plenty of action going on in New Zealand and Australia which gives me options at night around here. But now, yeah, baseball therapy is great and I have to admit, the NBA playoff games have usually been really good this season

I actually took in my first Mud Cats game over the weekend and while it’s certainly not hockey or MLB, it was a nice early evening at the park and served as a bit of a re-set during the lull between playoffs. Beer was cold, the temps and breeze were good and it was an easy evening.

Thanks guys! I think I’ll go with baseball therapy. It has a nice ring to it. But that’s gonna have to wait until we exorcise these Devils and pitchfork their spawnish fans back to New Jersey Gehenna with their arrow tipped tails tucked between their scaley legs.

🎶🎵it’s one, two, three, four strikes your out at the old ball game!!!🎵🎶
Durham Bulls don't play at home until the 16th, but the weather should be just perfect, and they play six days in a row. Go indulge.

I like to use cricket therapy, but unfortunately, that's not as available in our summer months since all of the action is taking place in the northern hemisphere. During our winter months, though, there is plenty of action going on in New Zealand and Australia which gives me options at night around here. But now, yeah, baseball therapy is great and I have to admit, the NBA playoff games have usually been really good this season
Yeah, minor league cricket in Morrisville doesn't kick off until August, so that's no help.

I'm going to finally get to the play the game in a work outing in that Morrisville location next week. Can't wait to smash a bunch of sixes and then take everyone's wickets when I'm bowling. LOL. I'm going to be a wreck after five minutes in the field.

Back