• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

A breakdown of the series so far and why the Devils are having so much trouble against the Hurricanes right now. Yes, the headline of the Youtube video is clickbait

Based on the lines in practice, it looks like Pool Party is out and Mac Mac is in. Huge upgrade, Pool Party has been less than useless.

PP practice too, per Luke it looks like this:

PP1 Burns/Noesen-Jarvis-Aho-Necas
PP2 Ghost/Fast-Stastny-Drury-KK

Based on the lines in practice, it looks like Pool Party is out and Mac Mac is in. Huge upgrade, Pool Party has been less than useless.

I don't know about a huge upgrade, but I'll be happy to stop hearing people complain about Puljujarvi if nothing else.

Easter Island is fast and a big body, but he’s like Bambi on ice. Everywhere and nowhere with no real control. He’s an example of a guy who got drafted on potential not hockey sense or skill.
He’s making the same salary as Necas. Best thing Pool Party can do is stay in NC and bust his ass over the summer with Burnisten, RBA and JW. It wouldn’t hurt Necas and KK to add man muscle either.

Easter Island is fast and a big body, but he’s like Bambi on ice. Everywhere and nowhere with no real control. He’s an example of a guy who got drafted on potential not hockey sense or skill.
He’s making the same salary as Necas. Best thing Pool Party can do is stay in NC and bust his ass over the summer with Burnisten, RBA and JW. It wouldn’t hurt Necas and KK to add man muscle either.
During the off season I believe players and coaches have to make some kind of separation. My daughter used to work with Tim Gleason, Cam Ward and Aaron Ward during the off season. She even worked with them when they were out of town over FaceTime or something like that.

Praise Jebus!

Pool Party is starting to flirt with a Captain Toast type scoring threat. Sorta seems like dumb luck might occur at some point. Maybe it's the curse of Easter Island?

Jim

Pull your RV was never intended to be a significant part of things this season. It’s unfair to judge him or the move based on him not being successful this season. The only reason he’s been in there is because of injuries.

Pull your RV was never intended to be a significant part of things this season. It’s unfair to judge him or the move based on him not being successful this season. The only reason he’s been in there is because of injuries.
This, but I'll let you carry on saying it at this point.

LOL. Jesse is in the same situation as KK - he needs a full off-season+ to get his bearings here, unlearn some bad habits, and start trending in the right direction. I've said repeatedly that the guy shouldn't be judged for what he does here this year, but I also don't have to like the fact that he's been a ghost so far and that I'd rather see someone come in who is going to score or hit or both. We already have a Ghost out there, don't need 2.

LOL. Jesse is in the same situation as KK - he needs a full off-season+ to get his bearings here, unlearn some bad habits, and start trending in the right direction. I've said repeatedly that the guy shouldn't be judged for what he does here this year, but I also don't have to like the fact that he's been a ghost so far and that I'd rather see someone come in who is going to score or hit or both. We already have a Ghost out there, don't need 2.
I don’t think it’s that. When Puljujarvi didn’t take the body at least twice that I remember on Sunday, that’s not something that can be taught or unlearned in a summer. And how do you approach his contract on July 1? Are you willing to qualify him at $3 million? I’m not.

I don’t think it’s that. When Puljujarvi didn’t take the body at least twice that I remember on Sunday, that’s not something that can be taught or unlearned in a summer. And how do you approach his contract on July 1? Are you willing to qualify him at $3 million? I’m not.
This season was a tryout, and to my eyes he's not getting enough done to get a QO. Which is fine. He was worth a shot, given his tool kit, but he doesn't appear to have it between the ears. You'd think playing with a couple of smart guys like Stastny and Stepan would help him learn the ropes, but he still struggles to get to the right places on the ice in all three zones. I just think the guy is as dumb as a rock ... which is probably why I'm not complaining about him all the time.

Back