• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Do you have a credit on your Ticketbastard account in lieu of a credit to your card?
They did that to me last season and never did notify me. Eventually I thought to check my account and my refund was sitting there as a credit.

Nope, no credit anywhere either. Messages claim that:

Your Event Has Been Canceled: A Refund Is in Progress​

Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event. The good news is that a refund will be processed automatically for you. Your refund will be processed to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer, which is usually completed within 30 days.

I assume that someone sits on the money as long as they can get away with, especially with even short term 1 month CDs available at 5%.

Nope, no credit anywhere either. Messages claim that:

I assume that someone sits on the money as long as they can get away with, especially with even short term 1 month CDs available at 5%.
Ticketmaster is notoriously slow to process refunds. Sorry man. That's 100% why I picked the pay as we play option this year for the first time. They only pop my card for games as they hit the actual schedule ... usually at or near midnight the day they become official.

Ticketmaster is notoriously slow to process refunds. Sorry man. That's 100% why I picked the pay as we play option this year for the first time. They only pop my card for games as they hit the actual schedule ... usually at or near midnight the day they become official.
I have pay as we play for my regular season tickets. But any extras you might need as an STM this year are available for purchase through TicketMaster using the code the Canes will send for a presale. You get full TM experience and the fees and none of the discounts we used to get. BUT there is an advantage of being able to buy what you want for the games you want, so its not all that bad (until you are waiting weeks for refunds for unplayed games).

A month ago I said this team had no chance against the Bruins or Rangers. With that road cleared for them, it looks like Mo and the Panthers will be the real test.

Hearing that Meier cost to us was Necas and Jarvis... At that price we should have told them to pound sand.. which AFAICT we did..
NOTE (And Edit) : This is probably just a rumor.. And I don't really believe it I can buy Jarvis + And even at that I'm glad we said no.

Hearing that Meier cost to us was Necas and Jarvis... At that price we should have told them to pound sand.. which AFAICT we did..
NOTE (And Edit) : This is probably just a rumor.. And I don't really believe it I can buy Jarvis + And even at that I'm glad we said no.
They weren’t going to get the defensive prospects from us that they got from the Devils, so they must have asked for the moon and stars.

Both Horvat and Meier were nothingburgers against the Hurricanes this playoff season. Love to see it
I dunno. Meir was REALLY good in those last two games, once he got to feeling better and more used to playing in the face shield. Not give away Jarvis and Necas to get him good, but you get the point. The Devils made an investment in a quality player and like most of those, it was expensive.

All those who said the Canes should have picked someone up because they were no longer competitive with the Bruins, Rangers, Islanders, Devils who all got better while the Canes did little to nothing need to… well let’s just say they were wrong and whenever they decide the Canes management team is making a mistake they should remember how foolish they look when it turns out Dundon’s team knows what they’re doing.

All those who said the Canes should have picked someone up because they were no longer competitive with the Bruins, Rangers, Islanders, Devils who all got better while the Canes did little to nothing need to… well let’s just say they were wrong and whenever they decide the Canes management team is making a mistake they should remember how foolish they look when it turns out Dundon’s team knows what they’re doing.
Yeah, but let's not act like the conventional thinking is all that far off base. It's just that this specific deadline market only offered up a couple of guys who would have actually made Carolina better to the point of being worth the price. They swung and missed on one (Meier) and the other got hurt (Konecny). There just weren't that many scoring wingers in the market who were a decent fit, and teams that forget fit pay for it with more than the draft picks they throw around like confetti.

But yeah, 80-something percent of deadline deals are a complete waste of time and resources.

The conventional thinking is you have to make big splash moves. 80-something percent of deadline deals are a waste.

I think most of those deals did little to make those teams better this year while costing them dearly in terms of the future.

It’s like buying Mother’s Day cards this week. They’re expensive but next week not do much. Timo might be a long term move for the devils but an equivalent or better long term move is likely available for much less this summer.

If there’s a reasonable move to be made sure - go for it. But overpaying for a deadline addition seems silly since it rarely pays off.

Let's face it ... hockey is absolutely full to overflowing with conventional wisdom that doesn't hold up to any serious scrutiny. That's a big reason the the old line hockey media hates the fancy stats guys so much. They make them show their work, and for the most part, they can't.

I wish Ghost would rediscover the scoring touch that he flashed in his first few games with the Hurricanes*, but he does not seem like a liability on defense. Glad he's on the team, otherwise we would be seeing more of poor Dylan Coghlin.

*of course, no one could keep that pace up.

Back