• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

On the “power play” this afternoon on Sirius, Marty Biron mentioned how Big Mike use to blow that horn in his ear at canes games when he was on the bench. Funny stuff.

I heard that and was a little confused. In all the years I worked the visitors locker room Biron used to sit across the ice by the door to the visitors locker room. He could have changed after I left, but when he was in Buffalo he sat in the corner. I B actually think I have a photo of me and him in that corner. I’ll see if I can find it. It’s old as hell and shitty quality but I think I have it

I heard that and was a little confused. In all the years I worked the visitors locker room Biron used to sit across the ice by the door to the visitors locker room. He could have changed after I left, but when he was in Buffalo he sat in the corner. I B actually think I have a photo of me and him in that corner. I’ll see if I can find it. It’s old as hell and shitty quality but I think I have it

here it is

Attachments

• IMG_5096.jpeg
    IMG_5096.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 7
After navigating the Round 2 STM extra ticket presale today and evaluating the ticket situation, I will say this new approach to not allowing STMs to buy 'additional full playoff strips' has resulted in there being WAY WAY WAY more playoff tickets available to be purchased by the general public at Ticketmaster dynamic pricing than there used to be.

That is good news for the Canes who are not having some STMs buy up additional strips at a discount with the sole intent of scalping them. Canes get full boat + dynamic pricing now from STMs and eventually the general public for these tickets now.

I don't like having to pay more to get the extras I might want, but I get it from a Canes perspective. If you are thinking ahead to round 2 (and darn it there WILL BE A ROUND 2 FOR THE CANES!) there are plenty of tickets available (mostly CLUB and Upper level, but some lower level if you need 3 or less).

Last edited:
After navigating the Round 2 STM extra ticket presale today and evaluating the ticket situation, I will say this new approach to not allowing STMs to buy 'additional full playoff strips' has resulted in there being WAY WAY WAY more playoff tickets available to be purchased by the general public at Ticketmaster dynamic pricing than there used to be.

That is good news for the Canes who are not having some STMs buy up additional strips at a discount with the sole intent of scalping them. Canes get full boat + dynamic pricing now from STMs and eventually the general public for these tickets now.

I don't like having to pay more to get the extras I might want, but I get it from a Canes perspective. If you are thinking ahead to round 2 (and darn it there WILL BE A ROUND 2 FOR THE CANES!) there plenty of tickets available (mostly CLUB and Upper level, but some lower level if you need 3 or less).
Wait...what? Did they do the Round 2 STM presale already? I did not get a notification.

Yes, STM pre-sale is happening right now. I got my email giving me a heads up on Monday April 24th around 2:15PM. My 'pre-sale' time started at 10am this morning. All via Ticketmaster with the code they give you to unlock the presale like the round 1 presale they did.

This is not the random 'hey STMs, we want you to help us sell the rest of the tickets for Game 2 so we are going to let you buy extras via CAM to avoid the fees' that they sprung a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Ditto. Got my extras for the Round 2 games.... a little Stadium Series game-ish in how it went, that by the time I got a couple sets in my cart and got to the next screen or two, they weren't available anymore and I'd have to start from the beginning. And of course, dead nothing but singles (or 3's where you can't get 2 of them) in Sideline Preferred sections where I'd like to be, had to move over to center or corner.

RBA presser after practice

Drury will not travel tomorrow but he’s “right around the corner”. Ponomarev will travel with the team.

Andersen could play. No commitment but he’s ready if needed.

I know what Rod must be thinking...his preferred style of coaching is everyone on board and he has rotated goalies all season, he knows he has a rested Raanta ready to go if needed in a game seven, so it would not shock me at all to see Freddy get a game tomorrow night. Rod does his own thing, so as much as everyone might think it's Raanta or bust in this series, I think it's 50-50 who might play tomorrow.

Also it’s not like Raanta has been elite. If we go far in the playoffs we’ll need them both. At some point if Freddie is able to go you got to play him or plan not to use him at all.
You saw Raanta's ceiling in Game 5. He's never been good on bang, bang turnarounds and nobody was stopping that BB from Barzal. He's always been more of a steady Eddie stopper really. He can get hot with the glove, but his ceiling is lower than the other two. If Roddy thinks Andersen is healthy, I doubt he'll hesitate to use him. I've said it all year ... Freddie at anything close to his best makes this team significantly better.

RBA presser today.

Looks like a Wednesday series start, I’m assuming Game 2 on Friday. The following week gets dicey though, depending on who the opponent is. MSG is available on Sunday for game 3, but Tuesday has a Janet Jackson concerts and Wednesday has either Janet Jackson night 2 or game 5 of the Knicks/Heat series. And PNC is booked with Lizzo on May 10 and Stevie Nicks on May 12. Prudential Center has events on May 6, 10 and 13.

Drury will be available for the series.

Andersen wasn’t an option for the first 5 games and they had never played Raanta in 6 straight, which is why they went to Freddie in game 6. He’d consider alternating goalies in this series.

He was kind of sheepish talking about the clip of him celebrating on the bench. He got halfway through and thought about offside and toned it down a bit.

Whoever wins that NY/NJ series is gonna have to get right back on their horse. At least they've been able to avoid travel, but otherwise that one has been a real grind for everybody involved.

Back