• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

The Canes recalled Mackenzie MacEachern. He had 17 points in the last 16 games for the Wolves. He played 115 regular season games for the Blues between 2018 and last year and 5 games in the 2020 Playoff bubble.

He was with Springfield last year, saw him there. I know Jesse will be the first man in, but I'd love to see some fresh blood mixed in if things don't go well.

He was with Springfield last year, saw him there. I know Jesse will be the first man in, but I'd love to see some fresh blood mixed in if things don't go well.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we need to put 2 new forwards in. TT is out for sure. 11 and 88 hopefully are good to go.

I wouldn't hesitate to put MacEachern in there instead of PoolParty for game 3, especially if whoever draws in will be playing on line 4.

I wouldn't hesitate to put MacEachern in there instead of PoolParty for game 3, especially if whoever draws in will be playing on line 4.
That creates a conundrum, doesn’t it? Does RBA just move someone onto Aho’s line or does he blow it up and start over? I can see a scenario where PoolParty moves into that spot, but he did nothing in his brief time there a few weeks ago. Does he move Noesen up and put Drury with KK and Necas? Or leave Drury where he finished last night? Stastny? He’s a pass first guy like Turbo, but I don’t think he has the wheels to keep up.

That creates a conundrum, doesn’t it? Does RBA just move someone onto Aho’s line or does he blow it up and start over? I can see a scenario where PoolParty moves into that spot, but he did nothing in his brief time there a few weeks ago. Does he move Noesen up and put Drury with KK and Necas? Or leave Drury where he finished last night? Stastny? He’s a pass first guy like Turbo, but I don’t think he has the wheels to keep up.
This seems like a good opportunity to give someone a shot who *might* be able to provide some offense and Jesse ain’t that guy, at least not yet. Also, RBA doesn’t usually pull out the line blender after the team has won 4 straight, but this is not exactly a run of the mill situation. There’s also the fact that we’re on the road where we’ve had no success in the playoffs lately. So that argues for some line tinkering to get better matchups. A lot to consider.

Stastny might get the nod, but only if the Islanders don't match Barzal's group up with Aho's. Otherwise he'd have a shot at keeping up. I'd guess Brindy goes with Noesen though. He's playing really, really well and has spent some time on that line before. Plus, Drury is adjusting to playoff hockey pretty well and would probably be fine with Kotkaniemi and Necas. I doubt Puljujarvi gets the nod. He was pretty awful on that line in early April.

If Pull Your RV goes anywhere near the top line, Lambert would be silly not to match Barzal et al against that line.

On the “power play” this afternoon on Sirius, Marty Biron mentioned how Big Mike use to blow that horn in his ear at canes games when he was on the bench. Funny stuff.

Back