• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Brian Slais use to be one of the best for years!!! He was great to deal with it on just about everything.
ditto on Brian. Fantastic. Mine moved to PJ Morin who was really good but this year has been pretty silent. Wonder if their volume went up without adding reps. Luckily haven’t had any issues.

ditto on Brian. Fantastic. Mine moved to PJ Morin who was really good but this year has been pretty silent. Wonder if their volume went up without adding reps. Luckily haven’t had any issues.
PJ is the best rep we’ve had. I had Kyle Prairie for years and then Greg Perna. In between those 2, I couldn’t tell you who my rep was.

The entire playoff schedule is out. Games 1 and 2 on Monday and Wednesday start at 7 and are on ESPN2. Game 3 is Friday at 7 on TBS, game 4 on Sunday at 1 on TNT. Ballys Sports South has the entire first round too.

Dundon is on the TopGolf Callaway Brands Board of Directors. Investors in TopGolf received equity in the combined TopGolf Callaway Brands company when Callaway purchased all of the rest of TopGolf (they had a 14% ownership stake prior to that).

TopGolf is a subsidiary of Callaway but the company is known as TopGolf Callaway Brands. (MODG is the stock ticker).

As of March 14, 2023, according to financial disclosures, Dundon owned 18,637,800 shares of MODG. MODG closed today at $22.04 a share. Unsure of course if Dundon still has that same share amount as of today, but if he does it's worth around $411 million on paper. Dundon is the biggest individual shareholder and the 2nd biggest overall shareholder of the company stock when including institutions. He individually owns about 10% of the company's outstanding shares.

So, yeah, Dundon still has a "small" financial interest. 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Last edited:
Individual owner of $411 million worth of TopGolf Callaway Brands stock.

Sole owner of the Canes, with Forbes estimating a value of $640 million in late 2022.

Chairman and Managing Partner of Dundon Capital Partners. (Which lists the Canes and TopGolf Callaway Brands in its portfolio along with multiple other investments).

I didn't see him on Forbes billionaire list this year but he has to be darn close.

Go out of the playoffs early with a golf-related sponsor and you'll never hear the end of it. Just sayin'

I understand that and it's cool that he got namedropped by the Men in Blazers guys, but I don't get their reference about Brindy. The mixing up of lines?

I understand that and it's cool that he got namedropped by the Men in Blazers guys, but I don't get their reference about Brindy. The mixing up of lines?
Yes. Chelsea made 4 changes at once. But RBA’s Blend-O-Matic has never turned up that many changes at once.

Back