• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

The Carolinas Chapter of thr Professional Hockey Writers Association has nominated Jordan Martinook for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy.
The Masterton Trophy is awarded annually to the NHL player who “best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.”

The Carolinas Chapter is pretty small, it’s chaired by Cory Lavalette and the other members all come from the N&O; Chip, Luke and sports editor Justin Pelletier. Sara Civian was a member and there was a writer from either the Durham Herald-Sun or Greensboro News & Record too. Scott Burnside is a Lifetime member.

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article274075820.html#storylink=cpy

Sure. No real big storylines that fit the Masterton this seasons so they may as well go for the heart and soul guy who finally had a fairly injury free season after a string of bad luck years.

I got a call from my rep right at 10 this morning about moving my seats after the Pure Hockey pricing in my section was discontinued. So I hope everyone else affected is on the call list today.

I got a call from my rep right at 10 this morning about moving my seats after the Pure Hockey pricing in my section was discontinued. So I hope everyone else affected is on the call list today.
I haven't heard a peep, but I view this as a test of my new rep more than anything else.

Going to my 1st Canes game in almost 2 years tomorrow. What should I expect parking wise? Still pay attendants in the lot? How much? I used to always park across the road on the fairgrounds corner lot. Is that still allowed?

Going to my 1st Canes game in almost 2 years tomorrow. What should I expect parking wise? Still pay attendants in the lot? How much? I used to always park across the road on the fairgrounds corner lot. Is that still allowed?
PM me. I think I have a parking pass you can have.

You’re a real bugger for punishment!!! 🤣

Don't remember when the arena went cashless, but that's one thing to know if you haven't been in a while -- everything there, even the parking fees (if the pass from cmon3 doesn't work out), requires plastic.

Don't remember when the arena went cashless, but that's one thing to know if you haven't been in a while -- everything there, even the parking fees (if the pass from cmon3 doesn't work out), requires plastic.
IIRC, cashless started when they allowed us back in the 2020-21 season.

I haven't heard a peep, but I view this as a test of my new rep more than anything else.
FWIW ... still haven't heard from my rep, but did get an email with my access window. Thus far I'm pretty underwhelmed by my new rep.

FWIW ... still haven't heard from my rep, but did get an email with my access window. Thus far I'm pretty underwhelmed by my new rep.
I got that email too. We’ve had a continuing dialog with our rep since we got the invoice with our 98% increase, so maybe that helped? But he told us there were only ~200 accounts affected, so who knows.

I got that email too. We’ve had a continuing dialog with our rep since we got the invoice with our 98% increase, so maybe that helped? But he told us there were only ~200 accounts affected, so who knows.
I'm just keeping notes because the guy is new and I'm in the rare scenario where I could use his input. Every other rep I've ever had would have at least given me a call, even for minor crap.

BTW ... the online select a seat thingie won't let you downgrade your seat selection online, so ... great. My rep doesn't get to dodge me after all.

Back