• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

The Facebook groups are 99% complainiacs; as was stated it's a term that's been bandied about for a while. Sam, who wrote that article, was a guest on the podcast recently - smart young lady who we really enjoyed talking to, we'll have her back to talk more about being a young woman in a male dominated field this summer.

It doesn't help that the Canes don't have a single prospect beyond Jack Drury that they could call up to try to spark something offensively. Malte Stromwall has 15 Goals and 24 assists in 59 games to lead Chicago in points. Jamieson Rees is right behind him at 13 Goals and 25 assists. Vasily Ponomarev leads the Wolves in goals with 19.

That's it. You fall all the way down to Ryan Suzuki (10 Goals 15 assists in 41 games). Our 'NHL vet depth stashed in the AHL' has been hurt almost all season.

Mackenzie MacEachern has 6 goals, 13 assists in 28 games
Ryan Dzingle has 1 goal and 4 assists in just 14 games.

Both of them have been in the lineup recently but neither would help with goal scoring at the NHL level.

Dominik Bokk is floating around somewhere in Germany still watching the Germany league playoffs. Almost certainly not a solution either.

It doesn't help that the Canes don't have a single prospect beyond Jack Drury that they could call up to try to spark something offensively. Malte Stromwall has 15 Goals and 24 assists in 59 games to lead Chicago in points. Jamieson Rees is right behind him at 13 Goals and 25 assists. Vasily Ponomarev leads the Wolves in goals with 19.

That's it. You fall all the way down to Ryan Suzuki (10 Goals 15 assists in 41 games). Our 'NHL vet depth stashed in the AHL' has been hurt almost all season.

Mackenzie MacEachern has 6 goals, 13 assists in 28 games
Ryan Dzingle has 1 goal and 4 assists in just 14 games.

Both of them have been in the lineup recently but neither would help with goal scoring at the NHL level.

Dominik Bokk is floating around somewhere in Germany still watching the Germany league playoffs. Almost certainly not a solution either.
That’s the danger of the future looking drafts of the last few years. Lots of players still in Europe or college, none available for instant help. Wall should probably be signed, unless he’s staying for a 5th year. Rizzo had a decent college season but he just finished his sophomore year. He’ll be 22 in June though. Blake had a good season but is only 19 and undersized.

Since the 2018 draft, the Canes have had just 4 players play in the NHL; Svech and Drury from 2018, Koochie from 2019 and Jarvis from 2020. It’s a pretty sizable reserve list with Orr, Montgomery and Robidas needing to be signed by June 1, Fensore and Wall by August 15 unless they stay for another year. It wouldn’t shock me if both elected to stay with unfinished business. Wall and Penn St. came close to their first NCAA Frozen Four, Fensore could stay if BU falls short next weekend.

The Hockey News article about KK. The team sees him as a 60-70 point player.

This season we've seen him learn to drive play with possession and to stop leaning on high risk, thread the needle passes to try to create chances. I think the most telling thing is that he's actually been a higher impact player when he's not playing with high end wingers, which has been the case consistently over these two seasons. Can he get to 60-70 points on a regular basis? I honestly don't know. Can he be a Jordan Staal-style two way center who has positive defensive and possession impacts while producing 40-something points? Yeah. He's pretty much already there and that's about his pay grade. If he can take the next step in offensive production, then great. If not, he's already a danged useful player, one of the best forecheckers in the NHL and a guy who absolutely fits the general profile here.

Can you imagine him as a player with more muscle mass? He would for sure be Jordan Staal, Jr and I'm here for that all day long

I just received the email about this this morning. The pre-sale is via Ticketmaster and STMs will get a code tomorrow morning. Sounds like you can only buy tix for round 1 for now this way.

I'm taking this to mean:

1) Tomorrow will be chaos regarding this

2) While STMs will get first dibs on whatever is still out there, there will be no discounts and full Ticketmaster fees applied. Far cry from prior years of extra discounted strips from STMs. I do get that they THINK this might discourage STM resales, but it won't. No discounts on the remaining seats means more money for the Canes of course.

Got my couple extra pair for home games 3 & 4 -- didn't need 'em for home games 1 & 2 as I have conflicts that first playoff week, so my regular seats are all I need for my STM-sharing friend.

Pretty smooth considering, but tix are going fast as I thought... won't be much left in lower level for public sale unless they're just holding them back today and not showing them to us.

FYI for anyone not there yet, basic retail price $150 ends, $175 and up on sides lower level plus ticketbastard fees (for what little remains). Upper deck $55 north end, $65 south end, $75 and up on sides

I was able to get the extra tickets I needed for Round 1. As expected, they are what I assume is full price (so no discounts for STMs). Not too much left out there for Game 1 in the lower bowl. Plenty of Champions Club and upper level end seats still available, but probably not for too much longer. Due to scheduling I only need 1 extra for Game 1 and 2 and got a pair for Games 3 and 4.

Hate that its full price now for these extras, but I get it. The way this year sets up for me, not buying full extra strips actually is better for me because if when the Canes make the Conference finals, I KNOW I'm going to be missing some of those games (and won't need extras).

Happy to get the extra tickets near my usual seats for each of the first round games that I needed. Not as happy to be unable to do so at the STM prices, but that’s what happens when demand outstrips supply!

It will be downright scary to see what I end up paying in the after market since everything will be long gone by all accounts...that's like the dark web anymore for pricing!!!

Tickets that were purchased today by STMs as part of the pre-sale are already out for resale at 3x+ face value. And you wonder why STMs get a bad rap for scalping their presale opportunities. Also not helping is this pre-sale code and using regular Ticketmaster. Like that STM presale code is some super secret thing that no one else will get a hold of.

There no longer is an excuse of 'bought extra strips but can't make some games'. This is 100% scalping here by STMs or other parties.

Tickets that were purchased today by STMs as part of the pre-sale are already out for resale at 3x+ face value. And you wonder why STMs get a bad rap for scalping their presale opportunities. Also not helping is this pre-sale code and using regular Ticketmaster. Like that STM presale code is some super secret thing that no one else will get a hold of.

There no longer is an excuse of 'bought extra strips but can't make some games'. This is 100% scalping here by STMs or other parties.
At this point, I honestly don't think "regular" STMs even deserve this pre-sale opportunity. If you register the fact that you have a split group, that's one thing. But schlubs like me don't deserve the chance to cherry-pick seats for re-sale purposes only.

Back