• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Koochie was sent back to Chicago today, so Raanta must be ready to play. Aside from a back to back on 4/10-11, the games are every other day starting tomorrow and ending on 4/13.

Koochie was sent back to Chicago today, so Raanta must be ready to play. Aside from a back to back on 4/10-11, the games are every other day starting tomorrow and ending on 4/13.
Time to get one of the vets going for real. Given the reduced offensive efficiency with Svech out, they NEED one of those two guys to start putting it together. Freddie has been a little better lately but is far from dialed in. Raanta was on a bit of a roll before he got hurt so maybe he can get back to that.

Red Wings beat reporter Helene St. James reporting that Ville Husso is banged up and will not be available this weekend, sounds like our old friend Ned gets the start Thursday vs the Canes!

We need Noesen. I hope Pool Party’s scratches gave him ample opportunity to get a better perspective.
Puljujarvi had a decent first game and a damp squib afterwards. Not sure what's going on with that dude, but I know full well that he's fast as heck and yet he was getting beaten up the ice by old guys and bad defensemen. Not a great start here by any means.

New term to me and I love it: Complainiacs

That name has been "a thing" for years on some of the assorted Social Media outlets... it goes part and parcel with the outrageous takes on Canes Facebook, etc...one guy even has a weekly podcast called Complainiacs...Episode 49...50...51 ;)

That name has been "a thing" for years on some of the assorted Social Media outlets... it goes part and parcel with the outrageous takes on Canes Facebook, etc...one guy even has a weekly podcast called Complainiacs...Episode 49...50...51 ;)

LOL. Never heard the term until today. I like to stay away from Hurricanes discussions except here and maybe one other place.

LOL. Never heard the term until today. I like to stay away from Hurricanes discussions except here and maybe one other place.
Yes. No one on here ever complains about ridiculous stuff or overreacts. 🤣 Nothing like some of those other cesspools, but we get some crazy takes in here too. But I’d expect nothing less from a fan site. Facebook is just bad for all of humanity, not just Hockey

The Centennial Authority and PNC Bank have extended the naming rights deal through August 2024. Additionally, PNC Bank will sponsor the Champions Club through the end of the current lease agreement between the Centennial Authority and Gale Force Holdings.

Must have missed my post from earlier?
In todays news of the weird ... PNC keeps the arena naming rights for two more years.

Yes. No one on here ever complains about ridiculous stuff or overreacts. 🤣 Nothing like some of those other cesspools, but we get some crazy takes in here too. But I’d expect nothing less from a fan site. Facebook is just bad for all of humanity, not just Hockey

You said a mouthful there.

Our friend Gerry Cohen, who was a member of older incarnations of this group, points out the upside and downside to the gambling bill.

Our brand of crazy tends to fade away quickly, after exposure to more level heads. The problem with the vast majority of social media-based conversations is that the level heads got run out of town years ago ... overwhelmed by the hot take addicts, utter loons and chicken littles. The reason this kind of forum works is that nobody thinks they'll get famous posting here. Not even internet famous.

Back