• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Definitely. And the day before the first game one of the Canes will say something completely disrespectful about the Panthers. I’m sure the social media team is drafting something as we speak. Then it will leak out the Canes cancelled their video coaching session in favor of a discussion about whether to touch the Prince of Wales Trophy.
This is how you answer a question gentlemen and ladies.

I mean, yeah ... but with goaltenders it's pretty doggone rare to see somebody who has scuffled as comprehensively as Bob has over the last four years suddenly find his game in the playoffs. Especially one without a history of doing so. Bob had one decent playoff showing in his whole freaking career before now. It's not like he's Carey Price or somebody with a pretty good track record of doing this. What he's doing is legit surprising, trending towards shocking.
Bob was injured. Plus, goalies are voodoo and when one is on a heater you better try harder.

Florida Panthers fans seem to be willing to take the Canes lightly. Seems like there are plenty of conversations about the Canes being just a formality to be easily dispatched on the way to the Cup. Too bad their team won't think the same thing.
They shouldn't

You can quote my post about everyone picking who will come out of the east.

Said I think the Canes will have something to say about it when everyone wasn't even mentioning them.

You can quote my post about everyone picking who will come out of the east.

Said I think the Canes will have something to say about it when everyone wasn't even mentioning them.

I posted this March 26.

ThinIce said:
I think that's a common affliction that runs through the hockey world. The Leafs are a great team and they play a high-tempo game that makes watching them very exciting - but it can cause a lot of fan frustration when they come off their game.

Yeah, that's probably true. The Leafs have more talent on this current version than any previous version that I recall. We've had great talent in the past too along with plenty of grit and toughness but didn't get it done.

With the talent on today's team they still haven't got it done and to be truthful, I don't think they will this year either. I do think they will get by Tampa this time but then.... the Bruins. Ouch.

I think your team will advance further than mine. Time will tell though, gotta play the games.

I have to say, it's nice to be able to come into a rival teams forum and join in the conversation without being chased away like often happens on many other hockey sites.

I posted this March 26.

Yeah, that's probably true. The Leafs have more talent on this current version than any previous version that I recall. We've had great talent in the past too along with plenty of grit and toughness but didn't get it done.

With the talent on today's team they still haven't got it done and to be truthful, I don't think they will this year either. I do think they will get by Tampa this time but then.... the Bruins. Ouch.

I think your team will advance further than mine. Time will tell though, gotta play the games.

I have to say, it's nice to be able to come into a rival teams forum and join in the conversation without being chased away like often happens on many other hockey sites.
Amazing what happens when you’re not a jackass, eh?

I posted this March 26.

I was referring to the highly impartial and fair Habs board sir. Glad you showed the team respect. The fans? Meh. 😂

According to this guy that covers the Panthers, and he says not to take it as Gospel, if TNT has the ECF, it starts on Thursday. If ESPN has it, it starts on Wednesday.

Bob was injured. Plus, goalies are voodoo and when one is on a heater you better try harder.
I don't think Bob wasn't injured for four solid years (because he hasn't been better than meh since he got to Sunrise), but I buy the voodoo angle ... and the one where you have to be careful over-paying guys as much as the Kitties did getting Bobrovsky to sign. Too much money and too much term can and sometimes is de-motivating.

According to this guy that covers the Panthers, and he says not to take it as Gospel, if TNT has the ECF, it starts on Thursday. If ESPN has it, it starts on Wednesday.

So I guess we'll finally be able to know what we're all doing over the next two weeks ... tomorrow? And may end up with one day's notice before the 1st game? This is league is absolutely run by the best and brightest minds in sports.

So I guess we'll finally be able to know what we're all doing over the next two weeks ... tomorrow? And may end up with one day's notice before the 1st game? This is league is absolutely run by the best and brightest minds in sports.
XM guys said the series “may” start Wednesday and that we’ll know later today. Guessing that they know the sched but it’s been embargoed. It’s total BS that the fans are held in limbo like this.

XM guys said the series “may” start Wednesday and that we’ll know later today. Guessing that they know the sched but it’s been embargoed. It’s total BS that the fans are held in limbo like this.
We Love (to overlook, abuse and complain about) Our Fans

So like does tBS. tNT and ESPN get together after tonight and decide which small market teams they want to air???? Not saying Versus was great, it at least you knew where to find the games.
And I don't remember not knowing the next series games this late in 2006 during the run. Of course the memory failed quite a bit then due to the excessive tailgating.

It appears that there is some sort of deal related to the earlier rounds which allows the 2 primary partners to divvy up the various series. Not sure the mechanics of that. Apparently only the Stanley Cup finals are set in advance as to which network will air them in which years. They also pre-set the Date for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals (June 3rd this year).

I'd think that it doesn't really matter that much at this point. Up until McDavid was taken off the table, you could make a case for the networks both wanting the biggest individual star in the game in a Conference final. Now, it's down to five relatively small fry markets (even though Dallas is a big market, the NHL is clearly not offering up the Cowboys here) so ... what? We wait for ESPN to make up their minds I guess. Will that change if they get Seattle instead? I doubt it. Pick one and get on with it.

Back