• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

If Turbo is cleared to play I'm ok with him slotting in for MacEachern AND getting just MacEachern's minutes to start. Give him 10 minutes of 5 on 5 time with Stepan and Stastny, hold off on putting him out there on the PP or PK for at least the first game.

Heck Turbo-Stepan-Stastny is a pretty darn good 4th line.

Carolina is pretty much the betting favorite across the board at this point, although I've seen a couple of models that predict a 50/50 tossup in the series with Florida. That's all well and good for the folks who are hung up on people loving their team, but this final four is tighter than most in recent memory and personally I think it means next to nothing.

Carolina is pretty much the betting favorite across the board at this point, although I've seen a couple of models that predict a 50/50 tossup in the series with Florida. That's all well and good for the folks who are hung up on people loving their team, but this final four is tighter than most in recent memory and personally I think it means next to nothing.
Dom Luspellcheck and The Athletic staff show it as a toss up, slightly favoring the Canes. They say the difference is home ice and Turbo’s availability.

Dom Luspellcheck and The Athletic staff show it as a toss up, slightly favoring the Canes. They say the difference is home ice and Turbo’s availability.
FWIW, Dom's model has under-valued the Canes all season for some reason ... but in general, I'm seeing this one as a tossup too. I think this Florida series is gonna be a freaking alley fight

Soooo...the wife and daughter have decided to go on a week long vacation in the first full week of June. Great. Thanks guys! Where we going? LAS VEGAS?! Oh dear hockey gods, *please* work this out for me that I could go to a game to see my beloved Hurricanes in Las Vegas that week. PLEASE?!

Soooo...the wife and daughter have decided to go on a week long vacation in the first full week of June. Great. Thanks guys! Where we going? LAS VEGAS?! Oh dear hockey gods, *please* work this out for me that I could go to a game to see my beloved Hurricanes in Las Vegas that week. PLEASE?!
If the Canes make the Final, I prefer Vegas for an opponent (for goalie reasons) so I'm rootin' for ya

Back